Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 01 Oct 2014, 12:29

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Profile Evaluation (730 GMAT/3 yrs WE)

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Profile Evaluation (730 GMAT/3 yrs WE) [#permalink] New post 17 Jun 2013, 21:30
Hi everyone

I need some help to figure out which all schools i stand a chance of getting in.

1. Profile : Indian / 23 years / IT engineer
2. Work Experience : Will be three years by next June, working as an Applications Engineer in Oracle, developing Fusion CRM(Customer Relationship Management)
3. GMAT score : 730 (Verbal - 42 , Quant - 47 , IR 8)
4. TOEFL scores : awaited
5. GPA : 8.1 / 10 (Majored in Electronics from a top 15 ranked Indian University)
6. Curricular : Topped in High School
Attended a summer school in London School of Economics(LSE) in Finance
7. Extra- curricular : School captain in school , Chief Events Coordinator for my college's annual cult festival(one of the biggest in South India), Been an active executive member of various student organisations in school
Social work - Active member of NSS(one of India's biggest social organisations), Been involved in teaching underprivileged children in my hometown, Been an active member of Red Cross
8. Post MBA goals - Work in a Finance-oriented industry primarily dealing with Corporate Finance

I want to start applying in the early rounds. Considering i come from a big pool of aspirants (Indian/ IT), which all schools should i target?

Thank you!
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
Admissionado
Schools: Brown University, Harvard Business School
Followers: 44

Kudos [?]: 540 [1] , given: 29

Re: Profile Evaluation (730 GMAT/3 yrs WE) [#permalink] New post 18 Jun 2013, 06:19
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
You have some ice stuff in your profile (fantastic GMAT). I don't yet see any leadership, and although this is pretty normal for such a young guy, if you had some it could help out. Very very roughly, from what you have sent here, I'd say schools ranked 10-25 would be the top of your list, and 25-50 the bottom. this is very rough of course, and you should also be choosing schools based upon your own goals and preferences, but that is more or less where I would start looking.

Right now, probably the weakest part of the profile is work, because it seems rather Standard and is not for one of the multinational powerhouses (Google, MS). But you do have great grades and a great GMAT, so if you can add that up to a great application, then all will be good.

Jon Frank
Founder, Admissionado

Admissionado.com

If you like the post, give it a KUDOS!