Please help me by evaluating my profile:
GMAT - 740 (April 2014)
GPA - 8.23/10
1. Engineering degree in Metallurgical Engineeing from one of India's Top 30 Engineering Colleges
2. Diploma in Entrpreneurship and Business Management (1 year online)
3. Post graduate certificate in Project Management ( online)
- 1+ year in Oil and gas, working for India's largest downstream company
- 5 years in metal industry- managing a business unit of a small business enterprise partly owned by my father. Involved in production management, product costing and viability analysis and business turnaround
Office bearer of various professional organizations like American society of metals and indian institute of metals.
No voluntary work since 2010
Michigan - Ross
MIT LGO program
1. I have pursued the aforementioned programs pertaining to business management. Will it affect my application in any way?
2. I am not a first generation entrepreneur. Though I have worked like an entrepreneur ( starting a business unit from scratch, managing entire operations of the unit) i have been an employee in the business. In this case, will my experience be considered an entrepreneurial experience or not? How important or useful is an entrepreneurial experience?
3. With my profile, is it logical to apply to wharton or Stanford?
4. I wish to work for a management consultancy, as a person specializing in operations and manufacturing management. Shoudl I apply to colleges which are known for operations management or to those known for general management and strategy? Specifically, Purdue-krannert is highly ranked for operations. But is out of the Top 30 band that I am targetting. Should I apply to Purdue?Posted from my mobile device