Joined: 31 Oct 2013
, given: 2
Profile Evaluation |African American| 26yrs| Peace Corps [#permalink]
31 Oct 2013, 01:08
Please feel free to leave all comments and advises.
- 25 year old African American
- 620 GMAT
- GPA: Undergrad 3.1 Masters of Public Health (MPA) 3.52
- Current Peace Corps Volunteer
- Lot of extra curriculum activities in Undergrad such as President of 2 student orgs, high school mentor, etc.
- No solid full-time work experience (just internships and summer jobs)
Research Assistance during Masters study and a FITNESSGRAM Specialist for Boston Public Schools
Program Assistance for an academic department planning and facilitating community building program for its students.
Survey research and qualitative methods analyst intern in undergrad
-Short term goal: work for a consulting or management company in their public sector or a non-profit for 5-10 years.
-Long term: start a NPO that provides services such as staff and development, strategic plan and implementation, NPO formation, and fund development and planning for CBOs and NGOs particularly those in the health sector.
Why MBA? I want a practical degree that will help me build on my technical, analytical, and management skills.
Target Schools: Emory, Duke, UNC, Ohio State (home state), Willamette, Missouri
Fall Back Schools: North Arizona University & Marquette because of Peace Corps fellowship programs at these schools.