Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 13 Jul 2014, 23:34

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Profile Evaluation and Career Goal - HEC Paris

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Profile Evaluation and Career Goal - HEC Paris [#permalink] New post 17 Nov 2011, 19:25
Hi All,
Request you to please evaluate my profile and career goal for HEC Paris MBA.

- Education:
* B.S. in Material Science and Engineering (GPA 3.0/4.5) (Top 3 university in Korea)
* B.A. in Economics (Remote Education - Under leave of absence)

- GMAT: (Aug/11, Once)
* Verbal (38/83%) / Quantitative (48/80%) / Total (700/90%) / AWA 4.0

- TOEFL:
* iBT 102

- Work Experience:
* 2 years as a field engineer at a refinery
* 2 years as an assitant project manager in an EPC company - Mainly in charge of project management/budgeting of EPC plant projects in the Middle East

- Internation / Cultural Exposure:
* Professional:
Involved in a project in the Middle East (1.5 years) - Client from the Middle East / Multi-national managment consulting staffs
* Personal:
7 months long transcontinental expedition by bicycle (from China to France) / Multi-cultural exposure

- Career Vision
* Short Term : Project Management / Financing in Energy Businesses (Especially Oil & Gas Sector)
* Long Term : Project Manager at private or national energy giants.

I am highly interested in HEC Paris because of its "Energy and Finance Certificate" and its location.

Just trying to identify and weak-points that I should address or strengths I should emphasize given my background.

Thanks in advance~!
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
MBA Admissions Consulting
Followers: 13

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: Profile Evaluation and Career Goal - HEC Paris [#permalink] New post 04 Dec 2011, 13:45
Expert's post
downeve wrote:
Hi All,
Request you to please evaluate my profile and career goal for HEC Paris MBA.

- Education:
* B.S. in Material Science and Engineering (GPA 3.0/4.5) (Top 3 university in Korea)
* B.A. in Economics (Remote Education - Under leave of absence)

- GMAT: (Aug/11, Once)
* Verbal (38/83%) / Quantitative (48/80%) / Total (700/90%) / AWA 4.0

- TOEFL:
* iBT 102

- Work Experience:
* 2 years as a field engineer at a refinery
* 2 years as an assitant project manager in an EPC company - Mainly in charge of project management/budgeting of EPC plant projects in the Middle East

- Internation / Cultural Exposure:
* Professional:
Involved in a project in the Middle East (1.5 years) - Client from the Middle East / Multi-national managment consulting staffs
* Personal:
7 months long transcontinental expedition by bicycle (from China to France) / Multi-cultural exposure

- Career Vision
* Short Term : Project Management / Financing in Energy Businesses (Especially Oil & Gas Sector)
* Long Term : Project Manager at private or national energy giants.

I am highly interested in HEC Paris because of its "Energy and Finance Certificate" and its location.

Just trying to identify and weak-points that I should address or strengths I should emphasize given my background.

Thanks in advance~!

I think your GMAT score and international experience (kudos on that exceptional bike ride!) will interest HEC Paris, but I worry that your years of work experience may be a bit light. Since you are from Korea, you probably served in the Korean military. If you were an officer or served in a similarly interesting role with leadership, you should certainly draw upon these experiences in your application as well to buttress that weaker work experience.

Regards,
Jennifer Bloom, CPRW
jbloom@accepted.com
310-815-9553

Follow Accepted on Twitter
Friend Accepted on Facebook
Subscribe to Accepted's Blog