Request you to please evaluate my profile and career goal for HEC Paris MBA.
* B.S. in Material Science and Engineering (GPA 3.0/4.5) (Top 3 university in Korea)
* B.A. in Economics (Remote Education - Under leave of absence)
- GMAT: (Aug/11, Once)
* Verbal (38/83%) / Quantitative (48/80%) / Total (700/90%) / AWA 4.0
* iBT 102
- Work Experience:
* 2 years as a field engineer at a refinery
* 2 years as an assitant project manager in an EPC company - Mainly in charge of project management/budgeting of EPC plant projects in the Middle East
- Internation / Cultural Exposure:
Involved in a project in the Middle East (1.5 years) - Client from the Middle East / Multi-national managment consulting staffs
7 months long transcontinental expedition by bicycle (from China to France) / Multi-cultural exposure
- Career Vision
* Short Term : Project Management / Financing in Energy Businesses (Especially Oil & Gas Sector)
* Long Term : Project Manager at private or national energy giants.
I am highly interested in HEC Paris because of its "Energy and Finance Certificate" and its location.
Just trying to identify and weak-points that I should address or strengths I should emphasize given my background.
Thanks in advance~!
I think your GMAT score and international experience (kudos on that exceptional bike ride!) will interest HEC Paris, but I worry that your years of work experience may be a bit light. Since you are from Korea, you probably served in the Korean military. If you were an officer or served in a similarly interesting role with leadership, you should certainly draw upon these experiences in your application as well to buttress that weaker work experience.
Jennifer Bloom, CPRW
Follow Accepted on Twitter
Friend Accepted on Facebook
Subscribe to Accepted's Blog