Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 19 Aug 2014, 21:06

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Profile evaluation and career guidance please

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Profile evaluation and career guidance please [#permalink] New post 31 Jan 2007, 00:38
Hello,
Would appreciate it if you could evaluate my profile and recommend a few b schools in US and Europe that I stand chances in. Thanks in advance for your help and guidance.

Profile:
Indian Male
Age 30

GMAT : 770

Education : B.E. (Equivalent to B.S.) in electronics engineering from a reputed engineering school in India. GPA 3.0

Job experience : Total 9 years in IT. Three years as a developer, 4 years as a tech lead/tech architect, last 2 years as a project manager. Currently I have about 20 people spread across 2-3 medium sized IT projects reporting to me.

Career Goal : CIO (Why not aim high :-)). I love both tech and project management.

Reasons for pursuing MBA

1) Improving general management skills
2) Studying how companies formulate IT strategies and how IT impacts a business, how it works with the various other business functions to help a business achieve its goals.

Post MBA Plans

I want to do strategic IT consulting for a few years. This will help keep me abreast of latest tech developments, get exposed to how the best companies in the world run, develop contacts and see how top management views IT in the grand scheme of things. After that I want to move into an upper management role in IT leading the execution of critical IT initiatives.

Leadership experience.
Have been leading teams ranging from 4-16 people over the past few years. Current responsibilities include project planning, team building and day to day management.
At college I was the president of our electronics society. It organized events such as company visits, seminars from business leaders, social activities etc among the 250 odd students pursuing electronics as a major at our college

Extra curriculars
Have participated in debates, quizzes, dramatics throughout school and college.

I'm planning to apply for fall '08, so I may have some time to iron out any kinks in my profile. Please suggest some appropriate schools in US and Europe that I could apply to. Also please share your views on whether going to B School will help me achieve my goals

Thanks for your help,
Gaurav
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
CIO
CIO
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 154 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 07 Feb 2007, 16:53
Sounds reasonable. Take a look at Sloan, Carnegie Mellon, Stanford, UCLA, Purdue and IMD.

http://www.mbagameplan.com