Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 28 Aug 2014, 19:54

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Profile evaluation and College Selection

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 27 Sep 2010
Posts: 10
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Profile evaluation and College Selection [#permalink] New post 27 Sep 2010, 18:13
I am looking forward to get into a good B school. Want to get my profile evaluated. Here are my details :

GMAT score of 650 (Q-48,V-31)

10th : 77 %
12 : 77 %
B.E : 72.3 %
Work Experience : 5+ years
Passout of EPYP-11 (Executive Program of Young Professionals-11) batch of IIMC
Gender : Female

Extra Curriculars:
Won Star Performance Award in my company(IT).
Certified in Salsa Dance from SDIPA.
Represented my college and company in Basket Ball and Table Tennis tornaments.

What are my chances and which all colleges should I apply to ?
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 27 Sep 2010
Posts: 10
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: Profile evaluation and College Selection [#permalink] New post 28 Sep 2010, 17:54
Academics:
GMAT score of 650 (Q-48,V-31)
10th : 77 %
12th : 77 %
B.E Civil : 72.3 %
2nd year project done at RUIDP(Rajasthan Urban Infrastructure Development Project) and 3rd Year Project was done with DMRC(Delhi Metro Rail Corporation).
Passout of EPYP-11 (Executive Program of Young Professionals-11) batch of IIMC

Experience:
Work Experience : 5+ years (4 years in Infosys(Technology Analyst) and 8 months in TCS(I.T.Analyst) )
Currently a team lead for a team of 5 members.
International Exposure : 2 months (US) and Singapore (28 days)

Gender:
Female

Achievement at work:
1) Have achieved Star Performance Award for excellence in work
2) Spearheaded the Windows Server 2008 dogfooding project, which earned the team a Special Recognition Award from the client – Microsoft Corporation.
3) Got lot of client appreciation and manager's appreciation .
4) Article appreciating the work was published on Infosys internal portal "SPARSH".
5) Presented papers in company knowledge portal.

Extra Curricular :
- Achieved Gargi Scholarship(from Rajasthan Government) for outstanding performance in secondary examination.
- Chief organiser of Zephyr- College Level paper presentation contest and member of the organising committee for several state level technical and cultural fests.
- Harding University School of Business, USA certified ‘Communication Connoisseur’, Grade A
- Certified in Salsa Dance from SDIPA(Shaimak Davar Institute of Performing Arts).
- Won Table-Tennis and Badminton events in Inter IBU Sports Meet at Infosys.
- Received recognitions for ideas and initiatives taken for process improvements.
- Lots of random community service(Member of TCS Maitree Club Red )
- Cofounder of StudioMCube (a website development service)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Which all colleges can I consider applying to ?
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 22 Dec 2009
Posts: 108
Location: United States
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Finance
Schools: Babson '15, HKU '15
WE: Consulting (Accounting)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 6

Reviews Badge
Re: Profile evaluation and College Selection [#permalink] New post 29 Sep 2010, 10:57
Can you specify you geographical preference (US, Europe etc) ? and zoom in on your post-MBA goals as well ?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 27 Sep 2010
Posts: 10
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: Profile evaluation and College Selection [#permalink] New post 30 Sep 2010, 04:53
My criteria is mainly scholarship and return on investment with a good college.I am looking forward to India and Europe region.My interest includes General Management,Strategic Management and Brand Management.

Any guidance ?
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 22 Dec 2009
Posts: 108
Location: United States
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Finance
Schools: Babson '15, HKU '15
WE: Consulting (Accounting)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 6

Reviews Badge
Re: Profile evaluation and College Selection [#permalink] New post 30 Sep 2010, 08:40
Scholarships will hard to come by with a 650. I would recommend you to re-take the test if want to be considered for merit based assistance
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 27 Sep 2010
Posts: 10
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: Profile evaluation and College Selection [#permalink] New post 30 Sep 2010, 08:52
Without a scholarship which all colleges would you suggest ?

Is LBS/Oxford/IE/ISB worth a try ?
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 22 Dec 2009
Posts: 108
Location: United States
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Finance
Schools: Babson '15, HKU '15
WE: Consulting (Accounting)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 6

Reviews Badge
Re: Profile evaluation and College Selection [#permalink] New post 30 Sep 2010, 11:22
Indian candidates as a collective bunch are fiercely competitive, GMAT heavyweights at most top schools are from India. Given that, my bluntly honest response will be that your chances are very slim, at the schools you've mentioned. Perhaps you should look at schools such as RSM, Manchester, Imperial College and Warrick within Europe. Within the US you can stretch for Kelly, Carlson and Georgia Tech as your reach schools. Whereas SMU Cox, Thunderbird and Iowa (one or two of these three) can be your "safety" schools.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 27 Sep 2010
Posts: 10
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: Profile evaluation and College Selection [#permalink] New post 01 Oct 2010, 08:32
Do you think NUS/NANYANG/HKUST/S.P.Jain Singapore-Dubai is possible ?And, would it be a good option considering the fee and the returns ?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 27 Sep 2010
Posts: 10
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: Profile evaluation and College Selection [#permalink] New post 01 Oct 2010, 09:53
I am basically looking for 1 year MBA programs.Can you suggest few where my score can be considered for scholarship ?
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 22 Dec 2009
Posts: 108
Location: United States
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Finance
Schools: Babson '15, HKU '15
WE: Consulting (Accounting)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 6

Reviews Badge
Re: Profile evaluation and College Selection [#permalink] New post 01 Oct 2010, 11:21
For one year your're better-off looking at Europe, in the US we have a few but most of them require and undergrad degree in Business. As I eluded to in my earlier post Warwick, MBS and RSM, all of these schools offer scholarships, especially RSM which also has a loan program available.
You should be competitive at NUS/NANYANG ; NUS is the better program. HKUST is going to be difficult to get in, given your GMAT score. Fees at most Asian programs are lower (exception being HKUST), but returns are not as handsome as UK and US, there some exceptions such as INSEAD and ISB . The opportunity cost should also be weighed in, when you evaluate programs. French MBA Grandes écoles programs such as HEC, ESSC and the like are better known for their Brand Management prowess (especially in luxury branding).

Good luck with your application

------------------------------------------
If like'em just press Kudos :)
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 19 Nov 2012
Posts: 9
Concentration: Sustainability, Strategy
GPA: 3.88
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: Profile evaluation and College Selection [#permalink] New post 19 Nov 2012, 13:54
Is there a difference for the amount of time it will take to apply to an MBA program within the U.S. if you are a U.S. citizen compared to applying in another country such as Europe? If so, what's the difference?
Director
Director
User avatar
Status: Assisting candidates to get admit in to top global business schools
Affiliations: MBA
Joined: 12 May 2010
Posts: 671
Location: Bangalore
Schools: HEC, Paris
WE 1: 9 Years
Followers: 29

Kudos [?]: 82 [0], given: 6

Re: Profile evaluation and College Selection [#permalink] New post 27 Dec 2012, 23:00
Hi MJ,

Apologies for replying late.

You have a decent profile & avg. GMAT/GPA. With 5+ yrs. of work experience, you are in a perfect stage of your career which mostly b-schools look for. A low GMAT score can certainly be offset by submitting a good essay and working hard on your application and interviews. With the given information, you can also target NUS, Nanyang, HKUST, INSEAD, Warwick, Manchester, Cass, Cranfield & Imperial. You can also try your chances in b-schools by clicking http://www.general-ed.com/chances-of-bschool . As the avg. GMAT range of above schools fall between 590-720, you have fair chances of being selected.

So now, you should focus on your application essays & interviews. This is where you can demonstrate your leadership qualities, professional achievements & other aptitudes. Most schools see a combination of all these things to grant an admission. Even the scholarships depends upon how well you position yourself in essays & interviews.

Let me know in case of further queries or PM me your number to have a detail discussion over profile & selection of b-schools.

Cheers!!
Neha



MJ31 wrote:
Academics:
GMAT score of 650 (Q-48,V-31)
10th : 77 %
12th : 77 %
B.E Civil : 72.3 %
2nd year project done at RUIDP(Rajasthan Urban Infrastructure Development Project) and 3rd Year Project was done with DMRC(Delhi Metro Rail Corporation).
Passout of EPYP-11 (Executive Program of Young Professionals-11) batch of IIMC

Experience:
Work Experience : 5+ years (4 years in Infosys(Technology Analyst) and 8 months in TCS(I.T.Analyst) )
Currently a team lead for a team of 5 members.
International Exposure : 2 months (US) and Singapore (28 days)

Gender:
Female

Achievement at work:
1) Have achieved Star Performance Award for excellence in work
2) Spearheaded the Windows Server 2008 dogfooding project, which earned the team a Special Recognition Award from the client – Microsoft Corporation.
3) Got lot of client appreciation and manager's appreciation .
4) Article appreciating the work was published on Infosys internal portal "SPARSH".
5) Presented papers in company knowledge portal.

Extra Curricular :
- Achieved Gargi Scholarship(from Rajasthan Government) for outstanding performance in secondary examination.
- Chief organiser of Zephyr- College Level paper presentation contest and member of the organising committee for several state level technical and cultural fests.
- Harding University School of Business, USA certified ‘Communication Connoisseur’, Grade A
- Certified in Salsa Dance from SDIPA(Shaimak Davar Institute of Performing Arts).
- Won Table-Tennis and Badminton events in Inter IBU Sports Meet at Infosys.
- Received recognitions for ideas and initiatives taken for process improvements.
- Lots of random community service(Member of TCS Maitree Club Red )
- Cofounder of StudioMCube (a website development service)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Which all colleges can I consider applying to ?

_________________

Best Wishes,
Neha Singh
GMAT Instructor & MBA Application Consultant
General Education- Empowering Intellect


Try GMAT Mini Diagnostic tool

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 01 Nov 2012
Posts: 16
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 3

Re: Profile evaluation and College Selection [#permalink] New post 08 Jan 2013, 22:06
mirfan2 wrote:
For one year your're better-off looking at Europe, in the US we have a few but most of them require and undergrad degree in Business. As I eluded to in my earlier post Warwick, MBS and RSM, all of these schools offer scholarships, especially RSM which also has a loan program available.
You should be competitive at NUS/NANYANG ; NUS is the better program. HKUST is going to be difficult to get in, given your GMAT score. Fees at most Asian programs are lower (exception being HKUST), but returns are not as handsome as UK and US, there some exceptions such as INSEAD and ISB . The opportunity cost should also be weighed in, when you evaluate programs. French MBA Grandes écoles programs such as HEC, ESSC and the like are better known for their Brand Management prowess (especially in luxury branding).

Good luck with your application

------------------------------------------
If like'em just press Kudos :)


hi,
can you please suggest some more schools for luxury management
Director
Director
User avatar
Status: Assisting candidates to get admit in to top global business schools
Affiliations: MBA
Joined: 12 May 2010
Posts: 671
Location: Bangalore
Schools: HEC, Paris
WE 1: 9 Years
Followers: 29

Kudos [?]: 82 [0], given: 6

Re: Profile evaluation and College Selection [#permalink] New post 09 Jan 2013, 21:50
Hi Harsha,

Kindly share your brief profile like GMAT scores, GPA, work experience, short/long term goals, to help me to understand better. Also, you can try your chances in b-schools by clicking http://www.general-ed.com/chances-of-bschool

Cheers!!
NEHA


harsha88 wrote:
mirfan2 wrote:
For one year your're better-off looking at Europe, in the US we have a few but most of them require and undergrad degree in Business. As I eluded to in my earlier post Warwick, MBS and RSM, all of these schools offer scholarships, especially RSM which also has a loan program available.
You should be competitive at NUS/NANYANG ; NUS is the better program. HKUST is going to be difficult to get in, given your GMAT score. Fees at most Asian programs are lower (exception being HKUST), but returns are not as handsome as UK and US, there some exceptions such as INSEAD and ISB . The opportunity cost should also be weighed in, when you evaluate programs. French MBA Grandes écoles programs such as HEC, ESSC and the like are better known for their Brand Management prowess (especially in luxury branding).

Good luck with your application

------------------------------------------
If like'em just press Kudos :)


hi,
can you please suggest some more schools for luxury management

_________________

Best Wishes,
Neha Singh
GMAT Instructor & MBA Application Consultant
General Education- Empowering Intellect


Try GMAT Mini Diagnostic tool

Re: Profile evaluation and College Selection   [#permalink] 09 Jan 2013, 21:50
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
Experts publish their posts in the topic Profile evaluation for School selection blue4ver 1 04 Sep 2012, 01:49
Profile Evaluation and School Selection izaidi 2 13 Dec 2010, 01:23
3 Profile evaluation and School selection carrerswitch 7 05 Dec 2010, 21:29
Profile evaluation and College Selection MJ31 13 27 Sep 2010, 18:13
Experts publish their posts in the topic Profile evaluation for the selected schools zoran 3 18 Sep 2010, 05:59
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Profile evaluation and College Selection

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: OasisGC



cron

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.