Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 20 Oct 2014, 23:25

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Profile Evaluation and Retake GMAT.

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 2

Profile Evaluation and Retake GMAT. [#permalink] New post 11 Aug 2014, 09:50
Hi ,

I have partly posted my question in the forum but I wanted some more advice . Please evaluate

I am female candidate working for a reputed company as a software engineer. I am hoping to join the 2015 batch.
By the end of April 2015 I will have 22 months of work ex.

GPA:3.9
GMAT :600
Q:50
V:20

I have a decent profile and I have worked with NGOs for a few years now.

Colleges I would want to get into are Kelley, UNC or Anderson.

I took GMAT today and it was a disaster . I had a panic attack during my verbal section. I have always had issues with verbal but this was the worst score ever.

Right now I have two options:
1. Take GMAT again in September to get a 690+
or
2. Wait for another year ( to increase my chances in B-School with an year of extra work ex).

I really want to get into any of these 3 colleges. So please help me evaluate my profile also please give me any valuable advice to improve my verbal score. FYI, on all mocks my range is 26-33 only! So it would be helpful if you can suggest me a way for me to get 35+ in verbal.

I would really appreciate any suggestion or view
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
Dream MBA Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: DreamMBA Inc.
Schools: HBS '16, INSEAD (M)
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V41
GPA: 3.94
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 2

Re: Profile Evaluation and Retake GMAT. [#permalink] New post 12 Aug 2014, 00:38
Expert's post
gmatgirl2012 wrote:
Hi ,

I have partly posted my question in the forum but I wanted some more advice . Please evaluate

I am female candidate working for a reputed company as a software engineer. I am hoping to join the 2015 batch.
By the end of April 2015 I will have 22 months of work ex.

GPA:3.9
GMAT :600
Q:50
V:20

I have a decent profile and I have worked with NGOs for a few years now.

Colleges I would want to get into are Kelley, UNC or Anderson.

I took GMAT today and it was a disaster . I had a panic attack during my verbal section. I have always had issues with verbal but this was the worst score ever.

Right now I have two options:
1. Take GMAT again in September to get a 690+
or
2. Wait for another year ( to increase my chances in B-School with an year of extra work ex).

I really want to get into any of these 3 colleges. So please help me evaluate my profile also please give me any valuable advice to improve my verbal score. FYI, on all mocks my range is 26-33 only! So it would be helpful if you can suggest me a way for me to get 35+ in verbal.

I would really appreciate any suggestion or view

Based on your description that you were getting 26-33 in mocks, I would recommend you retaking the GMAT. Increasing verbal from 20 to 30 would help a lot.

If you retake the GMAT in Sep, you can still apply for R2 for this year.

DreamMBA inc. Premium MBA Admission Consultants

We are offering huge discounts on our packages for early birds. Visit our website now to benefit from these limited time offers.

Expert Post
MBA Admissions Consulting
Followers: 14

Kudos [?]: 128 [0], given: 1

Re: Profile Evaluation and Retake GMAT. [#permalink] New post 12 Aug 2014, 11:23
Expert's post
I'm so sorry you had a panic attack! I think you should definitely retake the test but there isn't a rush because 2) I think you should wait another year. You are SUPER young right now.

Bhavik

Bhavik
Managing Partner

Critical Square | MBA Admissions Services

Web | Blog | Free Resources | Facebook | Twitter

Was this post helpful to you? Give a Kudos and let me know!

Re: Profile Evaluation and Retake GMAT.   [#permalink] 12 Aug 2014, 11:23