Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 18 Apr 2014, 03:16

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

profile evaluation and suggestions???

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
Status: exam is close ... dont know if i ll hit that number
Concentration: International Business, Marketing
GMAT Date: 10-09-2012
GPA: 3.2
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 1

profile evaluation and suggestions??? [#permalink] New post 25 Jul 2012, 01:55
details:

nationality:indian

course completed: bachelor in pharmacy from a reputed college in andhra pradesh [ a state in india]

gpa:7.67 on 10 scale

accomplishments:

served as president of student organised social welfare org. in college.
the best event organised was a fund raiser where 1.2lakh rupees of funds were raised under my presidency

participated and presented a research article in pharmaceutical management in 63rd indian pharmaceutical congress

state level taekwondo champion in high school [its a sport]

organised two events in the college [though there are no proofs which i can produce ]

gmat: 640 [ this is average of two mocks in mgmat ]

presently working on a project to improve the educational system on private schools in villages. i have recently started a tuition centre where we are soon planning for online faculty..

i am still serving as volunteer of our org. and visit schools to give them carrier guidance.

i come from a poor family in india [ lost my dad when i was 12 years old , did my schooling in a missionary school for free, my intermediate went with a financial aid for my good score in metriculation. my b.pharmacy also was for free supported by the government.

under these conditions i need to support my family financially but i am confident that i can improve my gmat score if some efforts are made

but mba from elite schools need experience but i am a fresher[ given up my job to work in the project for schools]

are there any other courses in these schools which i can look for??
if not what should i do to get an mba from these schools???

please suggest me what shall i do??

i even gave my gre mocks where i scored 1300 on old scale..

though i have poor background my skills have pretty much improved over time and a degree from some top notch university would justify my skills

just one more month for exam...

Manhattan GMAT Discount CodesKaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Manager
Manager
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 20 [0], given: 0

Re: profile evaluation and suggestions??? [#permalink] New post 25 Jul 2012, 02:50
Focus on excelling at what you do. You have chosen the right sector - education. We know few people who have gone from such background to Harvard. Everyone has some or the other problems. Magnitude of those problems might be different for you. It is all about how you manage your current circumstances, and succeed inspite of those problems.

Take a leadership role at your current organization. Volunteer is a good start but you have to move up. You need to be a leader. Make a positive impact to lots of people, atleast 1000s if possible a million. It will be a very good platform to succeed. There are many scholarships, including full funding for Stanford from Reliance, for such backgrounds.

Don't worry about GMAT, GRE, etc now. Focus on what you are currently doing. Feel free to write to us and we will see how we can help you. Good luck!

www.InterviewBay.com
- Get Ready For the Interview
MBA | Finance | Consulting | General Mgmt

mohan514 wrote:
details:

nationality:indian

course completed: bachelor in pharmacy from a reputed college in andhra pradesh [ a state in india]

gpa:7.67 on 10 scale

accomplishments:

served as president of student organised social welfare org. in college.
the best event organised was a fund raiser where 1.2lakh rupees of funds were raised under my presidency

participated and presented a research article in pharmaceutical management in 63rd indian pharmaceutical congress

state level taekwondo champion in high school [its a sport]

organised two events in the college [though there are no proofs which i can produce ]

gmat: 640 [ this is average of two mocks in mgmat ]

presently working on a project to improve the educational system on private schools in villages. i have recently started a tuition centre where we are soon planning for online faculty..

i am still serving as volunteer of our org. and visit schools to give them carrier guidance.

i come from a poor family in india [ lost my dad when i was 12 years old , did my schooling in a missionary school for free, my intermediate went with a financial aid for my good score in metriculation. my b.pharmacy also was for free supported by the government.

under these conditions i need to support my family financially but i am confident that i can improve my gmat score if some efforts are made

but mba from elite schools need experience but i am a fresher[ given up my job to work in the project for schools]

are there any other courses in these schools which i can look for??
if not what should i do to get an mba from these schools???

please suggest me what shall i do??

i even gave my gre mocks where i scored 1300 on old scale..

though i have poor background my skills have pretty much improved over time and a degree from some top notch university would justify my skills
Manager
Manager
Status: exam is close ... dont know if i ll hit that number
Concentration: International Business, Marketing
GMAT Date: 10-09-2012
GPA: 3.2
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 1

Re: profile evaluation and suggestions??? [#permalink] New post 25 Jul 2012, 04:06
thank you for the moral support,,,

i can take lead of mobs as i have done that in past,,

but thats going to take time..

should i take enough time or are there any courses which would help me get into some managerial position so that i can support my family and later on i can get into university of my choice....

thanks in advance...

just one more month for exam...

Re: profile evaluation and suggestions???   [#permalink] 25 Jul 2012, 04:06