I have a very unconventional background. My gmat is a bit low for HBS. Do i have a chance to get in?
1) Basic demographic info: 26 female Korean(non citizen nor greencard)
2) Educational Background : industrial design(in the best engineering school in korea), gmat 700(49/36), korean(non citizen, no green card), summa cum laude
3) Work experience: 2 year, mid-level industrial designer at a design consultancy in NYC(my first job), design consulting for multinational companies, most clients are very well known companies, lots of interesting projects in beauty/luxury/fashion industry to consumer products and electronics, successfully launched products in the market.
4) Extracurriculars: holds patent(self filed), lots of id awards, NGO involvement as a designer etc.
5) Short/Long term goals: luxury marketing or start-up(entrepreneurship)
6) Schools: HBS, mit, wharton, stanford, yale
7) extra : went to a high school for gifted students at math and science, early graduated. Admitted at the college at age 17.
Thanks for writing here.
I would recommend you apply with the score (700) that you have as it will not be the only criterion to evaluate your profile. I would recommend you highlight your unique background and skills in your essays and interviews.
I would recommend not to stick to only a few schools, but keep your B and C plan ready if you A plan does not work (thought it depends on your plans to MBA, when and why)
Free Essay Editing Service