Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 21 Oct 2014, 06:18

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Profile Evaluation & B-school for Ops/logistics/supply chain

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Operations, Finance
GMAT 1: 610 Q47 V28
GMAT 2: 700 Q50 V39
GPA: 3.33
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 5

Profile Evaluation & B-school for Ops/logistics/supply chain [#permalink] New post 28 Jun 2013, 06:12
This post was
BOOKMARKED
Hi,

Below is my profile:
-Indian
-Female
-Bachelor of Engineering (Electronics and communication) in a regional university.
-GPA is 3.3(on 4 scale)
-I am currently working in IT industry since 5 years in Oracle ERP as technical consultant. Currently a Team Lead.
-My GMAT score is 700(V39 Q50 ).

Post MBA, want to pursue a career in Operations/Logistics/Supply Chain areas of a manufacturing firm in Europe.

Which B-schools in Europe are good for MBA with specialization in Operations/Logistics/Supply Chain and provide good job opportunities in Europe?

Please advice.

Thank you!
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
MBA Admissions Consulting
Followers: 43

Kudos [?]: 347 [0], given: 64

Re: Profile Evaluation & B-school for Ops/logistics/supply chain [#permalink] New post 30 Jun 2013, 20:48
Expert's post
Electrolyte wrote:
Hi,

Below is my profile:
-Indian
-Female
-Bachelor of Engineering (Electronics and communication) in a regional university.
-GPA is 3.3(on 4 scale)
-I am currently working in IT industry since 5 years in Oracle ERP as technical consultant. Currently a Team Lead.
-My GMAT score is 700(V39 Q50 ).

Post MBA, want to pursue a career in Operations/Logistics/Supply Chain areas of a manufacturing firm in Europe.

Which B-schools in Europe are good for MBA with specialization in Operations/Logistics/Supply Chain and provide good job opportunities in Europe?

Please advice.

Thank you!

Cranfield and Rotterdam come immediately to mind. You may also want to look into ESMT Berlin.

Best,
Linda

Linda Abraham
Accepted
310-815-9553

Co-Author of: MBA Admission for Smarties: The No-Nonsense Guide to Acceptance at Top Business Schools

Follow Accepted on Twitter
Friend Accepted on Facebook
Subscribe to Accepted's Blog

Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management, Operations
GMAT 1: 670 Q44 V38
WE: Project Management (Transportation)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 0

Re: Profile Evaluation & B-school for Ops/logistics/supply chain [#permalink] New post 05 Aug 2013, 07:30
This is a bit of a late response. Sorry.

I'm a current Exec MBA at Cranfield. They are definitely very strong in this area. I have over a decade direct experience in the industry and they've left me feeling very impressed - I thought I was strong in this area, but it's clearly obvious I have a huge amount to learn from them. They're very thorough, experienced and definitely know what they're on about with good case studies that are up to date and relevant. The case studies are picked from around the world where possible, not just the UK or Europe (although Europe of course is often at the cutting edge of current thinking in many real life business examples due to the unique economic/political/population characteristics/demands of this part of the world) - for example expensive land to build on, affluent population that in many key areas is densely populated, congested yet highly developed infrastructure, world leading transport infrastructure and companies (Heathrow, Rotterdam, Maersk, DHL, Port of London, Antwerp, Kuehne + Nagel), etc etc.

The faculty profiles for them can be found at http://www.som.cranfield.ac.uk/som/p102 ... lty-Groups

Another bonus is about 20% (give or take) on the Exec side of the MBA are UK military - it gives the cohort a unique flavour as they have very interesting insights into discussions and assigned group work.

I'm not 100% sure on EMST Berlin (don't know it), but Rotterdam would for sure be another good option, I also looked very closely at it.