I am Nishanth. I gave my gmat last year and scored a 680. I will give it again.
In the meanwhile I would like to get my profile evaluated.My profile details are as follows:
Gmat - 680, AWA:6, IR: 7
B.Tech IIT Guwahati 3.2 GPA
IT company- Joined as an engineer. Now a senior engineer.3 years exp.
I aspire to bring a change into the society. So, I will set up a school in the future.I prepared my profile accordingly.
Worked with 2 NGOs( YFS and Green Nest).
Taught in a couple of schools on weekends.
Organized chiguru as a part of YFS. Chiguru is an regional inter school competition.
Spearheaded the CSR activities in my office.
As a part of these activities:
Implemented Akura( free school management system) in the schools I teach in.
Ensured the completion of a community hall project in a flood prone area.
Other than these:
I am into freelance modelling .
I have acted in a couple of short films.
I also represent my company in football and badminton.
I would like to know:
1. the schools that I have a good chance to get into.
2. which schools suit social entrepreneurship
3. the areas where I can improve? So that I can present them a better profile.
P.S. I am looking at something in the Top 20 25 schools.
There is a lot of competition in the Indian-Male-IT category in the top 20 schools. You need to do a few things:
1. Bump up your GMAT score for a better chance. Most of your competition will have a score of 730+.
2. Think clearly about your future. Think about what you want and how you are going to get it. There needs to be a lot of clarity in your thoughts. The points you have jotted down here are resume style - they don't add much value to your profile. You need to present your case passionately, giving a clear picture and a clear idea of what you did for the NGOs and how MBA fits in. You can start a school even if you are not a graduate. How does MBA fit in your plan? Expand your vision. Don't make them feel that you are just saying it to get into the school. You need to explain how you are already treading the chosen path and how an MBA is required to move ahead. Mind you, the investment in an MBA is very high. They will ask you how you intend to get returns on it. So everything should be clearly thought out.
3. You can talk about your modelling/films/sports related experiences/aspirations in one of the essays if the school has something pertinent (hobbies/extra currics). It will make your app more well rounded and wholesome.
4. Research the schools thoroughly to find those that match your aspirations.
Veritas Prep | GMAT Instructor
Veritas Prep GMAT course is coming to India. Enroll in our weeklong Immersion Course that starts March 29!
Veritas Prep Reviews