To get into your shortlisted schools, you must target 690+ GMAT. You can also target b-schools with GMAT range between 620-700 like: SMU-Cox, Cornell, CMU-Tepper, Emory, Ohio-Fisher, Georgia, Texas-A & M, Maryland-Smith & Rochester-Simon. The list comprises of many, but these are few good schools with high placement rate in consulting post-MBA. You can also try your chances in b-schools by clicking http://www.general-ed.com/chances-of-bschool
Most importantly, the chances of application to admission in b-school depend on your application essays and interviews. You need to showcase professional achievements in application essays and headship qualities during final interviews.
Feel free to post any other concerns you might have.
1) Brief description of your full-time work experience. What do you do?
I am an Indian male with PR in US. I have 2 years of work experience. I am currently a software developer at a Fortune 100 company. My current role is mainly technical. I did not have a lot of opportunities to showcase my leadership in my current role. However, I have done internships (also at a Fortune 100 company) in college where I had to do some project management, promote an open source software to mid level management etc.
2) Your GMAT.
Planning to take it in May. Hoping to get 650 - 700.
3) College info: The name of the college, your GPA or grade average, your major, year of graduation. For any graduate degrees, please provide the same info. If you grades are low, please indicate if there were extenuating circumstances.
I got my Bachelors in Computer Science at University of Texas at Austin in December 2010 which is a top 10 undergraduate CS program. My GPA was 3.3
4) Significant college and post-college extra-curricular activities or community service, especially leadership experience.
I was a mentor for Empowering Leadership Alliance where I mentored lower division students in the computer science program about the curriculum and any general questions about Computer Science.
5) Important certifications like CFA, CPA, FSA, or CA.
6) Your target programs.
McCombs, Fuqua, Darden, Kellogg, UCLA
7) When you plan to apply? Please specify round and application cycle, for example R1 2013-14 or R3 2012-13.
Round 1 2013-2014
7) Your post-MBA goal.
I want to go into Management Consulting.
P.S: Do top 20 schools look at high school achievements and coursework as well ? I have done the International Baccalaureate Diploma program in high school and I have taken the Business Management course in IB.
Thanks in advance
GMAT Instructor & MBA Application Consultant
General Education- Empowering Intellect
Try GMAT Mini Diagnostic tool