I am looking to apply this Fall 2013, I would appreciate it if you could evaluate my profile.
Male, 26 Years Old
Born in Hong Kong, emigrated to UK aged 10 (dual citizenship)
GPA: Upper Second Class - Top 10 non-Oxbridge UK University
Major: Mathematics (University ranked #3 in the UK for this subject)
Individual grades fluctuated wildly but there was noticeable improvement year on year
GMAT: 740 (Q48, V44)
4.5 years (5.5 years at matriculation)
Insurance – underwriting private equity fund managers, hedge fund managers and other financial institutions. Responsible for developing client and broker relationships.
- Currently heading up a team comprising of more senior team members in developing a Cyber insurance product to mitigating an emerging risk.
- In my previous role, I was responsible for managing the budget and forecasting for a team of 20+ and a budget of $150m
- Streamlined certain processes to increase efficiency significantly (I will elaborate further in my resume regarding percentages and $ cost savings)
International experience: Regularly deal with clients and brokers from all over the world due to London being the recognised international centre for insurance.
Promoted once and anticipated to be promoted shortly.
1) Music – Accomplished musician in Violin and Piano. I have performed with Orchestra and chamber groups since I was aged 6. Some leadership roles in arranging and leading some of these groups. I am also a self-taught electric guitarist.
2) American Football – I was not a good athlete during school but fell in love with the sport. I ended up representing my university and continued to play for amateur sides until last year when I retired due to injury. I won a National Championship with an amateur team. I am looking to get my coaching credentials to pass on my love of the game.
3) Some occasional volunteering with work to help put together a sports day for disadvantaged children in London. I captained a team of 15 children last year during one of these events.
Languages: English (Native), Chinese (Native), German (Basic), French (Basic)
Short term goal: Management consultancy. I am hoping to use my existing analytical skills and work on projects focusing on marketing position and entry into emerging markets.
Long term goal: Leverage the skills learnt from MC to return to Insurance in an international development role to establish overseas operations. In particular focusing on China due to take advantage of my knowledge of the area and language skills.
Target Program - Fall 2014:
HBS (R1) - Reach
I will try and apply to 4 schools in R1 and 2 schools in R2.
You are applying appropriately. You may also want to consider Haas, UCLA. or Stanford. If you would like help with your applications
, please let me know.
Co-Author of: MBA Admission for Smarties: The No-Nonsense Guide to Acceptance at Top Business Schools
Follow Accepted on Twitter
Friend Accepted on Facebook
Subscribe to Accepted's Blog