Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 20 Oct 2014, 15:00

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Profile Evaluation - College Topper with break in career

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Accounting, General Management
GMAT 1: 680 Q V
GPA: 3.99
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Profile Evaluation - College Topper with break in career [#permalink] New post 10 Aug 2011, 00:42
I am an Indian, female, currently NOT working. I have a work experience of 4 yrs and then took a break for 3 years

to take care of my baby. I have 88% in my high school, 84% in my 12th and 84% in undergraduate (BE) school. I was

the TOPPER from college and secured 3rd rank(out of 198 students) at University level.

I don't have much extra curricular's. I am looking to apply to schools in the US. As for MBA I want to specialize in

General Management and Finance. I am getting atleast 650 in my practice tests now. Any help on which 5 schools I

should aim for. Hope you can help. Thanks

Currently my list is McCombs, Haas, Tepper CMU, UCLA, Kelley. Pls suggest.
Expert Post
mbaMission Admissions Consultant
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 20 [0], given: 0

Re: Profile Evaluation - College Topper with break in career [#permalink] New post 13 Aug 2011, 20:35
Expert's post
Hello ramo80, thanks for your question.

Yours is certainly not a textbook case, and I’m afraid I don’t know of any conventional wisdom for your particular background.

My advice is to make sure your GPA and GMAT score are in line with the programs you apply to (you would like to be around the mean or at least within the middle 80%).

Otherwise, where did you work before having your baby? I think you would want to demonstrate to the admissions committees that you have the support to handle the rigorous workload while balancing family responsibilities and that your skills and knowledge are fresh enough after a 3 year break to contribute in the classroom and your study groups.

I am happy to comment further with additional information.

Best of luck,
Brian

Brian Eng
Senior Consultant
mbaMission

646-485-8844

Blog: http://www.mbamission.com/blog
mbaMission Insiders Guides: http://www.mbamission.com/guides.php?category=insiders
Free Consultation: http://www.mbamission.com/consult.php