Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 15:58 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 15:58

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Affiliations: U. Chicago, Johns Hopkins, AIGAC
Own Kudos [?]: 192 [0]
Send PM
VP
VP
Status:Assisting candidates to get admit in to top global business schools
Affiliations: MBA
Own Kudos [?]: 204 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Schools:HEC, Paris
WE 1: 9 Years
Send PM
Admissionado
Own Kudos [?]: 2060 [0]
Given Kudos: 69
Schools:Brown University, Harvard Business School
Send PM
Re: Profile Evaluation & Consultant Needed!! [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Dude,
Round 3, Wharton, a 3.1 and an erratic work experience... you may be jumping the gun a bit, and you may want to reconsider your school list a bit too.
So first of all: what's the rush???
I mean round three is TOUGH unless you got some Ace up your sleeve (your dad a CEO maybe? :) )

So maybe if you have a good reason, you rush the app, but it DOES hurt your chances.

Soooo, I would say wait.
The FIRST thing you gotta do for sure, is work on your story. I mean you have a LOT of job changes there in a very short time. And somehow you gotta build this all up into one story arc with one goal. So you gotta figure that out first.

So Conclusion: yep, you're nuts.

But we like crazy people. And believe in your ambitions. Doesn't mean one can't strategize cleverly though, yeah?

:)

Sooo, you knew it was coming: Take stock, start thinking about R1, and in the meanwhile do what yo can to improve your profile...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
lol just to play devil's advocate here, I have a friend with a 2.5 GPA apply in round 3 and get into Columbia and Insead, he was 31, gmat 730, 4-5 years of average work experience (not in capital markets), decent leadership with what I thought was a very average story... (he sold himself to go into ibanking, but at 31 w no previous experience and little knowledge of the field)......

I also know of another guy with sub 3 GPA get into wharton this year.... not too sure about his other specs

Myself along with a lot of common friends were shocked with both of these guys.... I am not trying to make myself feel better and I know it's definitely tough, but based on what I've seen from the people around me, it seems as if MBA admissions is getting easier than it was before... and it's understandable with so many professionals advising against it...... ive also read on here that applications are down about 15-20% at all the top schools....

one last thing, Insead clearly states on their website that round 3 does not get penalized compared to round 1 and 2... while other schools say the opposite, have you guys found this is the case with people applying to insead in round 3?
VP
VP
Status:Assisting candidates to get admit in to top global business schools
Affiliations: MBA
Own Kudos [?]: 204 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Schools:HEC, Paris
WE 1: 9 Years
Send PM
Hi,

Rightly said. B-schools look for diversity in the class and the value will you create in their b-school society. Most of the b-schools give hardly 5%-8% weightage to GPA. Suggest you to focus on your application essays & interviews which cover 60% to 65% on the entire b-school application process.

To know more about interview tips and preparations click https://bit.ly/XQVp4s

Cheers!!
Neha

MBA4LIFE wrote:
lol just to play devil's advocate here, I have a friend with a 2.5 GPA apply in round 3 and get into Columbia and Insead, he was 31, gmat 730, 4-5 years of average work experience (not in capital markets), decent leadership with what I thought was a very average story... (he sold himself to go into ibanking, but at 31 w no previous experience and little knowledge of the field)......

I also know of another guy with sub 3 GPA get into wharton this year.... not too sure about his other specs

Myself along with a lot of common friends were shocked with both of these guys.... I am not trying to make myself feel better and I know it's definitely tough, but based on what I've seen from the people around me, it seems as if MBA admissions is getting easier than it was before... and it's understandable with so many professionals advising against it...... ive also read on here that applications are down about 15-20% at all the top schools....

one last thing, Insead clearly states on their website that round 3 does not get penalized compared to round 1 and 2... while other schools say the opposite, have you guys found this is the case with people applying to insead in round 3?
GMAT Club Bot