1) I am currently working in a business adviser/business development role for the Office of the Secretary of Defense (at the Pentagon), where I develop, negotiate, and administer government contracts and manage a portfolio of awarded business deals. I have 4.5 years of experience in this role, and have worked on approximately $200M worth of acquisitions. I have been promoted 4 times since starting my job, and am now a GS-13 (GS-15 is the highest).
2) My GMAT is 700
3) I went to a state school in Virginia, and graduated (2009) with a 3.04 GPA; majored in Finance. My GPA is on the lower side, and represents only my junior and senior grades from the university because I received an associates degree from a community college first.
4) While in college, I volunteered at my former high school as a Track/Cross Country coach... I coached several district, regional, and state champion individuals, and under my tenure, new school records for each distance running event were set. Since starting my job, I have been accepted onto a semi-professional running team for post-collegiate runners looking to still compete on a national level. Through this team, I have volunteered at several local community races.
5) My target schools are (in order): UVA, UNC, Duke, Georgetown, NYU
6) I plan to apply in the first round this coming fall (2014)
7) My post-MBA goal in to move into a consulting role, with a primary focus on the defense and aerospace industry.
Thank you in advance for your time.