Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 01 Sep 2014, 05:51

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Profile evaluation - Eastern Europe, top 20 BS

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: 640 Q44 V34
GPA: 3.7
WE: Project Management (Energy and Utilities)
Followers: 7

Kudos [?]: 23 [0], given: 258

GMAT ToolKit User
Profile evaluation - Eastern Europe, top 20 BS [#permalink] New post 19 Aug 2011, 01:37
Dear Admission Consultants from MBA Apply,

thanks for the time spent reviewing numerous enquiries.

I would really appreciate, if you can quickly evaluate my profile. My goal is to apply soon (2012/2013) for a full-time MBA program in the top 20 US business schools.

Personal:
Nationalty: Bulgarian

Education:
High School (~GPA: 3,98)
Bachelor in Business Administration - (~GPA:3,2) - oldest and well-known Bulgarian University
Master in Financial management - (~GPA: 3,7)(valedictorian) - double degree program with the University of Bordeaux, France
Additionally, I completed the first 2 years of my Bachelor in Germany - also Business Administration, at a Top 3 German university, but returned to Bulgaria because of private reasons.

GMAT & TOEFL:
Starting my preparation...
GMAT: Targeting 730+
TOEFL: Targeting ~110

Work experience:
Financial Leasing company, subsidiary of the biggest European financial institution - 6 months (Internships)
Big4, Financial services Audit - 4 months (Internship)
Middle-sized project management company- preparation and financial analysis of renewable energy plants projects. The last year I took a position suggesting high-level of responsibility and lead the newly-formed division, representing a well-known Austrian ISO certification company in Bulgaria. Achieved rise in market-share end revenue through a very successful market entry strategy - 2 years (Full-time).
Currently preparing for the interview process with top-tier management consulting companies - Internship or Full-time job

Foreign experience:

Lived as a young boy in Düsseldorf, Germany for 1 year.
Studied in Munich, Germany for 2 years.
Longer business trips to Austria.
Longer concert trips.

Extracurricular activities:
* 10 years of membership in Rotary International - member of Interact- and then Rotaract clubs. Responsibility as Club-President and Club-Vicepresident of both clubs, where had to inspire over 30 club members. Took over responsibility also on District (multinational level), being Regional Club Representative (>250 club members)
* over 10 years dedicated to performing in a boys choir. Won several awards and had concerts in over 10 European countries.
* Member of several students clubs - as an example - the students club of the Institute of Market Economy.
* Foreign languages: English (Fluent), German (Fluent).
* participated in several photographic competitions as this is a major hobby

Target:
The best possible within Top20 BS, but to name some BS. I would like to join - Harvard, Wharton, Booth, Stern, Sloan etc.

Post MBA
Some years Management- and Financial- consulting (if I can't make it now) in an English-speaking setting. After some years I would go back to me home country and start (own business).

Looikng forward for your honest opinion regarding strengths and weaknesses.

Thanks for your time!

Thank you very much for reading this post till the end! Kudos?

Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
1 KUDOS received
MBA Admissions Consulting
Followers: 72

Kudos [?]: 526 [1] , given: 0

Re: Profile evaluation - Eastern Europe, top 20 BS [#permalink] New post 21 Aug 2011, 13:04
This post received
KUDOS
Sloan, Booth -- stretches (but worth at least applying to)
Stern, Yale, Cornell, Ross, Duke, Darden, Haas, UCLA -- sweet spots (schools where you should focus on; choose 3-4 from this list).

You have a solid background for these range of schools; it's not about strengths/weaknesses, but more about the fact that you're up against some very high caliber candidates from around the world all competing for limited seats. Just do the best you can on the application - and so long as you do that and choose a range of schools that are in range, then you should be fine.

Alex Chu
alex@mbaapply.com
http://www.mbaapply.com
Follow me on Facebook

Manager
Manager

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Profile evaluation - Eastern Europe, top 20 BS [#permalink] New post 21 Aug 2011, 22:19
Dear Alex,

thank you for your answer. Do you mean I would have a chance for "stretches" schools, if I improve some of the areas of my application? (in my opinion my work experience should get more competitive)
As I focus on financial and strategic MBA programs, those from California could be a bit more technology oriented.
Can you give my here or on PM a brief description on you MBA and essay services and their prices.

MBA Admissions Consulting
Followers: 72

Kudos [?]: 526 [0], given: 0

Re: Profile evaluation - Eastern Europe, top 20 BS [#permalink] New post 26 Aug 2011, 09:23
The list I provided assumes you've put together your strongest possible applications.

Alex Chu
alex@mbaapply.com
http://www.mbaapply.com
Follow me on Facebook

Manager
Manager

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Profile evaluation - Eastern Europe, top 20 BS [#permalink] New post 26 Aug 2011, 22:43
Thanks, Alex!

Re: Profile evaluation - Eastern Europe, top 20 BS   [#permalink] 26 Aug 2011, 22:43