Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 17 Sep 2014, 22:01

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Profile Evaluation - feedbacks are welcom!

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 730 Q51 V48
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

Profile Evaluation - feedbacks are welcom! [#permalink] New post 22 Jul 2012, 01:37
Hallo,

This is my first post here and I would like to check what my chances are to get the MBA of my dreams!

I am targeting one of the following universities: Harvard, Standford, Columbia, Mit, Wharton and Insead.

My profile

Italian
26 y.o.
4 languages (Italian,English,German,French)

WE
By the time the MBA will start I will have 30 months of exp with Procter&Gamble
- 6 months internship as Engineer (in Germany)
-24 months as Project Manager for the start up of new supply chains (based in Bruxelles, but the sites are spread in Asia and Europe)

Studies:
MS in Mechanical Engineering
-Average Score 29/30
-Final Grade 110/110 cum laude

BS in Mechanical Engineering
-Average Score 28.1/30

High School
-Final Grade 100/100

TOEFL iBT 119/120
GMAT pending.. and worried! I am targeting over 700.. but you never know!

Hobbies:
Rugby (Founder and Captain of the Univ. Team=
Boxing
Opera and Jazz (seriously, no jokes.. I am an Opera geek!)

If more info are needed: ask!

Thanks for your reply
M.
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
SVP
SVP
Followers: 12

Kudos [?]: 163 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: Profile Evaluation - feedbacks are welcom! [#permalink] New post 22 Jul 2012, 11:24
Caesar,
I would need to know more to tell you your chances. Your project management experience and rugby club suggest you have leadership, which the schools require, but you may not have enough for the top schools you mentioned. Your Italian background and multilingual skills make you a good diversity candidate. You will need a score at the 80th percentile or higher in both Quant and Verbal for the school you mentioned. Based only on what you gave me, you are semi-competitive at HBS, Stanford, and Wharton, which would be 'reach' schools for you. Your odds at CBS and INSEAD are higher, and MIT is somewhere in between. Feel free to send your resume to me at paulbodine@yahoo.com

--Paul S. Bodine, http://www.paulsbodine.com, Great Applications for Business School

Caesar86 wrote:
Hallo,

This is my first post here and I would like to check what my chances are to get the MBA of my dreams!

I am targeting one of the following universities: Harvard, Standford, Columbia, Mit, Wharton and Insead.

My profile

Italian
26 y.o.

WE
-24 months as Project Manager for the start up of new supply chains (based in Bruxelles, but the sites are spread in Asia and Europe)

Studies:
-Average Score 29/30

-Average Score 28.1/30

High School
-Final Grade 100/100

TOEFL iBT 119/120

Hobbies:
Boxing

Thanks for your reply
M.

Paul Bodine /
Author, Great Applications for Business School and Perfect Phrases for Business School Acceptance

Follow Paul Bodine on Twitter

Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 730 Q51 V48
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

Re: Profile Evaluation - feedbacks are welcom! [#permalink] New post 22 Jul 2012, 12:31
Thanks Paul for your feedback!
It is much appreciated. As I thought I will have to study hard to get the MBA of my dreams!
Ciao
Michele
Director
Director
Status: Assisting candidates to get admit in to top global business schools
Affiliations: MBA
Schools: HEC, Paris
WE 1: 9 Years
Followers: 32

Kudos [?]: 86 [0], given: 6

Re: Profile Evaluation - feedbacks are welcom! [#permalink] New post 23 Jul 2012, 04:01
Caesar86 wrote:
Hallo,

My profile

Italian
26 y.o.

WE

Studies:
-Average Score 29/30

-Average Score 28.1/30

High School
-Final Grade 100/100

TOEFL iBT 119/120

Hobbies:
Boxing

Thanks for your reply
M.

Hi,

You have a decent profile with consistently average academics and extracurricular activities. As you have not taken your GMAT yet, a lot more depends on your GMAT Score. And to know where you stand, we need to know in detail about your work experience, your volunteer work and your extra curriculars: do you have any notable leadership?? How many promotions have you gotten? what are your greatest achievements?

You need to get your complete profile evaluation done based on these factors and that would help you to understand about your chances in the targeted schools.

Please visit http://www.general-ed.com/Online-GMAT-Preparation for Online GMAT Classes and http://www.general-ed.com/MBA-essay-analysis to know about latest MBA essays and essay analysis of top Business School.

Also visit http://www.general-ed.com/b-school-selection-process , this can help you to select the business school as per your requirement and profile and visithttp://www.general-ed.com/chances-of-bschool here you can find your chances of getting admit in a business school chosen by you.

If you would like a more precise picture of where you stand feel free to drop us a line.

Regards,
Neha Singh
http://www.general-ed.com/

Best Wishes,
Neha Singh
GMAT Instructor & MBA Application Consultant
General Education- Empowering Intellect

Try GMAT Mini Diagnostic tool

Re: Profile Evaluation - feedbacks are welcom!   [#permalink] 23 Jul 2012, 04:01