Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 21 Aug 2014, 04:28

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Profile evaluation - Female/650/2yrs

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
GMAT Date: 10-09-2012
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 5

Profile evaluation - Female/650/2yrs [#permalink] New post 10 Oct 2012, 06:38
Hi,

would it be possible for you to examine my profile as I got my GMAT score today and sadly, its only 650 :(

Before thinking about giving the exam again, I thought if someone could recommend some schools in which i have a chance of getting admitted. There is no restriction on the geographical region. Based on the schools you list, I would decide whether I should apply now or give GMAT again. As you must be knowing the application deadlines are closing in on me and there is a time crunch. Its this year or never.

Kindly suggest the colleges in which I have chances of getting accepted.

My profile is as below:

GMAT score 650 (Q46 , V35)
I am a female with a B.Tech degree in Electronics and Communication from M.D.U university (average university) in India. Our university did not calculate the result in GPA. I got 70% and our university topper got 80%. So, I feel it is very unfair to calculate the GPA based on the percentage as our university had a very tight marking system as compared to the other universities

I will have a work experience of 2years in telecom in a Ericsson Global Pvt Ltd by the time I join. i am a Transmission Network Engineer and have been working as a team member although I have recently accepted the job role of a substitute team lead. But, I have no experience yet as a team lead.

I can arrange for good recommendations from my bosses as well as my clients.

I have an A-grade B2 level certification in English and A-2 level in Spanish.

In extra-curricular : I was a Table Tennis champion in High school as well as in College. I have international exposure as my company sent me to the UK for training.

Thanks a lot for your guidance. I really appreciate your help!!
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Followers: 25

Kudos [?]: 54 [0], given: 11

GMAT Tests User Premium Member
Re: Profile evaluation - Female/650/2yrs [#permalink] New post 12 Oct 2012, 16:26
lemon123 wrote:
Hi,

would it be possible for you to examine my profile as I got my GMAT score today and sadly, its only 650 :(

Before thinking about giving the exam again, I thought if someone could recommend some schools in which i have a chance of getting admitted. There is no restriction on the geographical region. Based on the schools you list, I would decide whether I should apply now or give GMAT again. As you must be knowing the application deadlines are closing in on me and there is a time crunch. Its this year or never.

My profile is as below:

I am a female with a B.Tech degree in Electronics and Communication from M.D.U university (average university) in India. Our university did not calculate the result in GPA. I got 70% and our university topper got 80%. So, I feel it is very unfair to calculate the GPA based on the percentage as our university had a very tight marking system as compared to the other universities

I will have a work experience of 2years in telecom in a Ericsson Global Pvt Ltd by the time I join. i am a Transmission Network Engineer and have been working as a team member although I have recently accepted the job role of a substitute team lead. But, I have no experience yet as a team lead.

In extra-curricular : I was a Table Tennis champion in High school as well as in College. I have international exposure as my company sent me to the UK for training.

Hi,

Thanks for writing to us at the forum

GMAT - Your GMAT score is on lower side considering that you are an engineering graduate and that too from the most competitive pool - India.
But, it really depends on which region you wanna settle post MBA, because you would ideally look at the school in that region.

Your GMAT is within range for canadian schools such as Rotman, Queens, Schulich etc., but again you will be competing with high GMAT scorers from India at these schools too. The better strategy is to apply at the schools, highlighting uniqueness of your profile. Your essays must be able to help you highlight some of the strengths that other engineering graduates from the same or different stream don't have.

As a rule to check where do you stand in terms of GMAT ? -- Ideally, you should look at the average GMAT of the pool that you are a part of rather than the total average GMAT of the batch. It is difficult to get these numbers, but you can interact with a few current students and you will get a fair idea of it.

Highlight your strengths

1) Undergrad performance - with clear statistics such as how many students at uni , your standing etc. Get the same documented
2) Your professional achievements - you must be able to prove that u have done something great in the span of two years at work
3) EC - highlight leadership experience , if u have one at the EC

Above points are suggested keeping in mind that you do not wanna retake GMAT right now, and wanna take a chance at b-school.

For any help, feel free to revert, hope this helps !!

Thanks

Free Essay Editing Service
free-profile-essay-review-service-free-129484.html

Followers: 25

Kudos [?]: 54 [0], given: 11

GMAT Tests User Premium Member
Re: Profile evaluation - Female/650/2yrs [#permalink] New post 12 Oct 2012, 16:27
lemon123 wrote:
Hi,

My profile is as below:

Hi,

Thanks for writing to us at the forum

GMAT - Your GMAT score is on lower side considering that you are an engineering graduate and that too from the most competitive pool - India.
But, it really depends on which region you wanna settle post MBA, because you would ideally look at the school in that region.

Your GMAT is within range for canadian schools such as Rotman, Queens, Schulich etc., but again you will be competing with high GMAT scorers from India at these schools too. The better strategy is to apply at the schools, highlighting uniqueness of your profile. Your essays must be able to help you highlight some of the strengths that other engineering graduates from the same or different stream don't have.

As a rule to check where do you stand in terms of GMAT ? -- Ideally, you should look at the average GMAT of the pool that you are a part of rather than the total average GMAT of the batch. It is difficult to get these numbers, but you can interact with a few current students and you will get a fair idea of it.

Highlight your strengths

1) Undergrad performance - with clear statistics such as how many students at uni , your standing etc. Get the same documented
2) Your professional achievements - you must be able to prove that u have done something great in the span of two years at work
3) EC - highlight leadership experience , if u have one at the EC

Above points are suggested keeping in mind that you do not wanna retake GMAT right now, and wanna take a chance at b-school.

For any help, feel free to revert, hope this helps !!

Thanks

Free Essay Editing Service
free-profile-essay-review-service-free-129484.html

Re: Profile evaluation - Female/650/2yrs   [#permalink] 12 Oct 2012, 16:27