Joined: 25 Jun 2012
, given: 1
Profile Evaluation - Financial Analyst Tech Industry [#permalink]
11 Jul 2012, 16:24
I am a French Canadian business graduate looking for admission in a Top10 US university. It would really be appreciated if you could review my profile and make suggest my strengths and weaknesses as well as my chances to achieve my goal. I good give the GMAT another shot if it will make or break me...
1) Brief description of your full-time work experience.
Senior Accountant at KPMG (out of college)
3 years at KPMG where I was double promoted and become a senior accountant very quickly and was able to lead large projects with teams of 5 accountants
1 in 5 Canadians selected for Fast Forward leadership program in Hollywood
Financial Analyst in a High tech post startup company (following KPMG)
Top 3 fastest growing company in North America, fast paced and very entrepreneurial environment
In charge of international operations where I worked on the acquisition (due diligence, valuation and integrating activities) of a company in Sweden
Setup a company in Ireland to support European sales and setup infrastructure in several European countries as well as Asia
Coordinating and coaching staff in several countries as well as working closely with lawyers, consultants,..
The finance department doubled in size while I was there so I trained a lot of different people
2) Your GMAT: 710
3) College info: The name of the college, your GPA or grade average, your major, year of graduation. For any graduate degrees, please provide the same info. If you grades are low, please indicate if there were extenuating circumstances.
Bachelor in business administration at HEC Montreal (French school) with 3.7 GPA/4.0; started with a very low GPA (3.3 after 1/3 of degree) but managed to progressively increase my grades while working part time
Graduate degree in accounting at HEC Montreal (French school): 3.83/4.0
4) Significant college and post-college extra-curricular activities or community service, especially leadership experience.
- More recently involved as an advisor in a Foundation that helps young entrepreneurs grow their business and provides some financing for interesting projects
- Volunteer coordinator for a tax clinic producing tax returns for free for low-income individuals
- Worked part time correcting business cases and coaching students at my university while working full time
- During my college degree, I did a semester in Austria, worked in China for several months after finding employment by myself.
- Other international relevant experience: I had the opportunity to do business trips for some projects in Sweden, USA, throughout Canada, Ireland, Netherlands and China
5) Important certifications like CFA, CPA, FSA, or CA.
6) Your target programs.
Columbia, MIT, NYU, Yale, Booth (in order of preference)
7) Your post-MBA goal
Go into investment banking, I did some research but don’t all the top schools in my reach to get into IB