Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 07:35 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 07:35

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Concentration: Finance
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
Given Kudos: 41
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: profile evaluation for a Russian MBA applicant [#permalink]
ardk wrote:
You would probably need a better GMAT for Columbia or NYU, not sure about the other two. Was is it your first attempt, and how confident are you about improving your score in the next attempt, given that your scores on practice tests were higher?

Yes, it was my first attempt. I am not sure about improving my verbal score significantly, but working on quant seems possible.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
kundozei wrote:
i'd say retake the GMAT. That way Columbia and NYU can become viable options. With 600 you are at the Baruch level I believe.

Udachi!

That what I might do. Thank you! But is there a big difference between an MBA from NYU Stern and Baruch? I mean career opportunities after graduation.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
anutakoluchka wrote:
kundozei wrote:
i'd say retake the GMAT. That way Columbia and NYU can become viable options. With 600 you are at the Baruch level I believe.

Udachi!

That what I might do. Thank you! But is there a big difference between an MBA from NYU Stern and Baruch? I mean career opportunities after graduation.

Absolutely. Stern is Top 10 MBA program. Baruch is nowhere near. The only possible exception would be if you choose non-traditional career path, but even then I don't see Baruch getting ahead of Stern.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
Given Kudos: 41
Send PM
anutakoluchka wrote:
kundozei wrote:

Udachi!

I agree with the above post. I am not familiar with Baruch but I do know that it is nowhere in the top-25...then again, it depends on what you want from your mba and what your post-mba goals are...
Intern
Intern
Send PM
kundozei wrote:
anutakoluchka wrote:
kundozei wrote:

Udachi!

Absolutely. Stern is Top 10 MBA program. Baruch is nowhere near. The only possible exception would be if you choose non-traditional career path, but even then I don't see Baruch getting ahead of Stern.

I don't think I want to choose a non-traditional path. My goal is to receive a degree that will enable me to get a job and will be recognized even outside of the US
Intern
Intern
Send PM
So, if I raise my score to 700, will I have any chance to get into NYU?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
anutakoluchka wrote:
So, if I raise my score to 700, will I have any chance to get into NYU?

Generally speaking - Yes. Of course, there is more to it than just a GMAT score. Still, 700 makes you competitive.
GMAT Club Bot