Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Oct 2014, 01:10

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Profile evaluation for an intl. applicant

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Current Student
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 3

Profile evaluation for an intl. applicant [#permalink] New post 22 Sep 2013, 01:03
Hi Stacy,

Thanks for taking a look at the below profile. ( Indian, have worked in UK and Qatar, 26 by 2014 intake)

I work as a Business development/ Project manager for a consumer goods/pharmaceutical distributor. I handle a team of 24 people and over 20 separate multinational brands. Priorities are in-store marketing, identifying new products to launch in the country( i get to travel overseas to europe, asia etc. to exhibitions), supply chain management etc. I will be in this role for over 3.5 years by september 2014. I have also had one 6 month internship with a Fortune50 company with their in-store marketing team and another 6 months internship with a top 3 UK based bank's purchasing team.

I gave the GMAT in 2012: overall 660, Q:48, V:33; I gave this a trial without much preparation. I'm sure i can get another 30-50 points with diligent preparation.

Undergrad at the University of Bath, UK. BSc Hons. in Business Admin 2010 GPA : 3.0 approx. Currently undergoing PMP certification + project management training

was a key member of the debating Society at uni. Active community roles are limited to my time in the UK ( organising blood drives, participating in community clean ups). In the middle east, where I am based currently, such opportunities are extremely limited.

Im going to aim for R2 2013-2014 . I am giving the gmat another try come november end.

I would really like to get into Rotman due to their favourable policies for intl. student, toronto's consulting sector. Other schools that looks promising are Simon, Foster, JOnes etc. I would like to get into the management consulting sector post MBA. I am hoping you can recommend some programs in the US that is good for consulting and that I can get into with a slightly improved GMAT.

Can you also recommend how i can improve my chances of getting into these schools (any others you think are relevant)

Thanks a bunch
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes