Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 20 Sep 2014, 16:20

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Profile Evaluation for application to MFE for 2011 Fall

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

Profile Evaluation for application to MFE for 2011 Fall [#permalink] New post 10 Jul 2010, 00:24
Hello Sir,

I am Ankit Jain from India, a prospective student looking for MSCF program in CMU 2011 FAll. I just want to evaluate my chances for getting accepted to this program.

Following are few highlights of my profile.

* Graduated in 2008, with B.Tech and M.Tech in Electrical Engineering with specialization in communication and signal processing from Indian Institute of Technology Bombay, one of the premier technical institutes in INDIA.

* CGPA: 3.6/4. Ranked 3rd in batch of 21 students .
Course work included :
* Stochastic Process, Optimization, Linear Algebra, Partial Differential Equation, Complex Analysis.
* Basic courses in Engineering Economic Analysis, Introduction to Derivative Pricing.
* Programming : Proficient in C/C++, MATLAB, SCILAB

* GMAT score: 730 (Q=50, V=38)

* Professional Certifications: Passed out two modules in National Stock Exchange's certification of Financial Markets in Derivatives and Securities Market.

* Currently employed in Schlumberger as a field engineer. Current job has made me responsible and has taught me team work.

Schools Considered :
1. HAAS
2. MSCF CMU
3. LBS
4. JUDGE
5. MIT
6. Princeton

Query:
* Should I give subject GRE math ?
* Should I get reco from workplace or from profs ?

Thanks in advance for the reply.

Regards,
Ankit Jain
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 1

Re: Profile Evaluation for application to MFE for 2011 Fall [#permalink] New post 12 Jul 2010, 13:15
I like your list of school, very clever choice. And I think you have a good chance to get in. As for GRE, you don't need it. It's up to a particular school which reco they want - check with the schools. Best o luck.
Re: Profile Evaluation for application to MFE for 2011 Fall   [#permalink] 12 Jul 2010, 13:15