Thank you for using the timer!
We noticed you are actually not timing your practice. Click the START button first next time you use the timer.
There are many benefits to timing your practice, including:
Profile Evaluation for application to MFE for 2011 Fall [#permalink]
10 Jul 2010, 00:24
I am Ankit Jain from India, a prospective student looking for MSCF program in CMU 2011 FAll. I just want to evaluate my chances for getting accepted to this program.
Following are few highlights of my profile.
* Graduated in 2008, with B.Tech and M.Tech in Electrical Engineering with specialization in communication and signal processing from Indian Institute of Technology Bombay, one of the premier technical institutes in INDIA.
* CGPA: 3.6/4. Ranked 3rd in batch of 21 students . Course work included : * Stochastic Process, Optimization, Linear Algebra, Partial Differential Equation, Complex Analysis. * Basic courses in Engineering Economic Analysis, Introduction to Derivative Pricing. * Programming : Proficient in C/C++, MATLAB, SCILAB
* GMAT score: 730 (Q=50, V=38)
* Professional Certifications: Passed out two modules in National Stock Exchange's certification of Financial Markets in Derivatives and Securities Market.
* Currently employed in Schlumberger as a field engineer. Current job has made me responsible and has taught me team work.
Schools Considered : 1. HAAS 2. MSCF CMU 3. LBS 4. JUDGE 5. MIT 6. Princeton
Query: * Should I give subject GRE math ? * Should I get reco from workplace or from profs ?
Re: Profile Evaluation for application to MFE for 2011 Fall [#permalink]
12 Jul 2010, 13:15
I like your list of school, very clever choice. And I think you have a good chance to get in. As for GRE, you don't need it. It's up to a particular school which reco they want - check with the schools. Best o luck.
Re: Profile Evaluation for application to MFE for 2011 Fall
12 Jul 2010, 13:15