Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 25 Oct 2014, 20:25

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Profile Evaluation for EU Schools (740 GMAT)

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Concentration: International Business, General Management
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
WE: Programming (Computer Software)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

Profile Evaluation for EU Schools (740 GMAT) [#permalink] New post 14 May 2012, 10:37

Last edited by waxer on 01 Dec 2012, 23:35, edited 1 time in total.
Expert Post
MBA Admissions Consulting
Followers: 13

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 0

Re: Profile Evaluation for EU Schools (740 GMAT) [#permalink] New post 23 May 2012, 04:15
Expert's post
waxer wrote:
I was wondering if my profile would be suitable enough for top European MBA programs. I am planning on applying for the Fall 2013 term. I am thinking of applying to INSEAD, LBS 15 month program, and Said (Oxford). Any feedback would be appreciated. In addtion, I'd like to know what areas would be important for me to improve on(and which I can attain before the first round application deadline which is at the end of September).

My GMAT score 740, Q:49 V:42.

I graduated from undergrad in 2007 from arguably the top computer science school in the Canada (University of Waterloo). I graduated with a bachelor of computer science and had a GPA of around 3.0(converted from 0-100% scale).

At matriculation I will be 28 years old and worked 6.5 years full time at my father's company(20 employees). It's a software company with a few million dollar yearly revenue. Customers consist of major telecom carriers in USA, Canada and Japan (with future potential to expand to other countries). I have mainly done programming thus far, but I also work with clients/partners in different parts of the US to gather requirements and design the system to suit their needs. The reason I want to do the MBA now is because it's time for me to advance my career and take on more responsibilities in running the business. In the long run, my goal is to expand the business and sell our product in more countries. I believe that an MBA will give me the tools to be successful at doing so.

In the past few years I have coached and assistant coached 3 high level youth ice hockey teams (volunteer). Growing up I have played competitive hockey, soccer and baseball. I'm now involved in adult leagues for each of the sports.

Thanks for taking the time to assess my profile and looking forward to reading your feedback.

It helps here that you are the boss's son since I hope this also means that you have been involved in some of the strategic direction of the company. I do believe your chances of acceptance are strong based on that assumption and your GMAT and sports involvement.

Regards,
Jennifer Bloom, CPRW
jbloom@accepted.com
310-815-9553

Follow Accepted on Twitter
Friend Accepted on Facebook
Subscribe to Accepted's Blog