Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 17 Sep 2014, 22:07

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Profile evaluation for GMAT-720

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Profile evaluation for GMAT-720 [#permalink] New post 07 Sep 2012, 09:13
Hi,
Please evaluate my profile and suggest colleges which can offer good scholarship as per this profile. I am from India.

GMAT - 720(M-50,V-38)
College : B.Tech in ECE from NIT Kurukshetra, CGPA - 8.2
10th - 87%
12th - 85%
Got 800 AIR in AIEEE 2004(all india engineering entrance exam) which puts me in the top percentile achievers in that year
Work Exp - 4 years(IT industry) with a leading software company in finance domain.
Onsite Exp - 1.5 months(USA)

Got value in performance (VIP) award and shining star team award in organisation and many client appreciation emails.

Presently working as senior software engineer: my role includes training new resources on the product as well as software development.

During my tenure ,i have had some exciting opportunities:

1) Gave technical walk through for the POC of a business intelligence tool to the VP at client side which was very successful. I was the only one responsible for that project.
2) In 2010, I went to US for the kick-off of a new project. This was an unique opportunity. I along with my project lead had to prove our potential at the customer side and we were successful. After coming back from US, i mentored a team of around 10 people on the new project.

Extra-curricular:
1) Decent social work
2) Captain of house in school. A number of prizes won in exhibition, essays, quizzes, sports etc.
3) A few prizes and participation certificates at college level.
4) Decent participation in organizational extra-curriculars like organizing independence day celebration, skits, Open house etc. I don't have certificates for these but i can get them mentioned in my recos.

I am targetting MBA in IT consulting right now.

Please suggest.

Thanks and Regards
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Manager
Manager
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 20 [0], given: 0

Re: Profile evaluation for GMAT-720 [#permalink] New post 07 Sep 2012, 11:00
You have a good profile. But, you need more polishing on your post-MBA goal. I am not sure what you mean by targeting 'MBA in IT consulting'.

You should aim high. Target atleast few schools in top 10. I think you have that content but you need a lot more preparation. Read a lot about careers after MBA. Speak to current students and alumni of top schools. Use Linkedin if you dont have direct contacts. Good luck!

www.InterviewBay.com
- Application Reviews and Mock Interviews by Alumni of Your Target School
Re: Profile evaluation for GMAT-720   [#permalink] 07 Sep 2012, 11:00