Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 20 Aug 2014, 20:40

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Profile Evaluation for Harvard 2+2 and related programs

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Profile Evaluation for Harvard 2+2 and related programs [#permalink] New post 21 Nov 2013, 09:38
Hi,
I need my profile evaluated for the Harvard 2+2, Yale Silver Scholars and related programs.

I am currently in my pre-final year of undergraduate studies, majoring in business economics at University of Delhi, India.

Academics:
-Expected Percentage: 74% (current, 70%) [first division, among top 10% of class]
-GMAT: Expected: 720+

Extra-curricular/leadership:
-Co-founder and President of the Finance & Investment Cell in the college.
-Placement Coordinator at the College Placement Cell.
-Member of Creative Society of college

Work Experience:
-Finance Intern (mainly, supply chain finance and sales) at McDonald's India

Hopefully, would gain some more work experience at a reputed company by the of my pre-final year.

Achievements and Awards:
-Community Service: Pramerica Spirit of Community Award (among top 20 in India)

Career Goal: Finance, specifically M&A and business valuation.
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
MBA Admissions Consulting
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 28 [0], given: 0

Re: Profile Evaluation for Harvard 2+2 and related programs [#permalink] New post 26 Nov 2013, 07:14
Expert's post
It looks like you’re developing a stellar track record so far. That said, the programs (at least, HBS and Yale programs) you are targeting are highly competitive, and I would need to understand more about what makes you truly stand out. Right now, I believe that you have the potential to be qualified for these programs, but in the application itself you must make a compelling case for why this is the right step for you, how you will contribute on equal footing with more experienced classmates, and why the program should select you out of other highly accomplished applicants.

While a 720 GMAT will be OK, I suggest really prepping and try to score higher. You simply need to be a “standout” in every single dimension to have a shot at the HBS and Yale programs. However, for similar, somewhat less competitive programs that meet your needs, you would likely have a good chance.

Cindy Tokumitsu
Senior Advisor, Accepted
310-815-9553
Follow Accepted on Twitter
Friend Accepted on Facebook
Subscribe to Accepted's Blog