Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 01 Aug 2014, 21:21

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

profile evaluation for HBS 2+2 and Yale Silever Scholar

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GPA: 3.98
WE: Account Management (Advertising and PR)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

profile evaluation for HBS 2+2 and Yale Silever Scholar [#permalink] New post 18 Jul 2012, 06:51
sorry i tried to keep it short but turned up a little long

I had posted a query regarding MiM programme earlier . Thanks again for the reply. I am also interested in applying to the deferred mba programmes such as the HBS 2+2 and the silver scholar programme at Yale. I am posting my details again ..please tell me if it would be worthwhile for me to apply to these programmes..

im in the senior year , pursuing civil engineering at Indian Institute of Technology ,Kanpur ,India(the top ranked technical institute in india)
my cgp is 9.7/10 (iit has relative grading system , my class rank is 2 i believe, received the academic excellence award from the university)
gmat score: 760
i've been invoved in a number of extra-curricular activities..
i have a senior diploma (first class with distinction) in classical indian musical instrument tabla.
i was an elected member of the student senate(the student representative body of the university )
i was the senior finance executive of the annual technical festival of my college.
i was a student guide in my sophomore year
i have served as a volunteer at leading NGOs a number of times
i have also done an internship at a leading public sector company in india (engineering intern ).
i can speak four languages ...english, hindi ,maithili and little bit of german(did a one year certificate course in IIT)
i was the vice president of the student council(the student body) in my high school.
if its helpful i can take the gmat again amd try to cross 780.

Also I'm a little apprehensive about MiM. I've tried to look up the net but couldn't find MiM graduates who have gone on to get MBA from the top 5 B-schools though I've spoken to some of them and a lot of them seemed to be interested in doing an MBA later on. I realise tht MiM is a relatively new programme but still does holding a MiM degree adversely affect the chances of acceptance in the MBA programme at leading B schools??
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: Veritas Prep
Followers: 34

Kudos [?]: 125 [0], given: 3

GMAT Tests User
Re: profile evaluation for HBS 2+2 and Yale Silever Scholar [#permalink] New post 23 Jul 2012, 16:21
Expert's post
Yes! so glad you asked. Many b-schools will not look favorably on MiM applicants since it's an "either or" situation. In other words, they sometimes look at applicants who have MiM degrees as having made a poor decision, since the degrees overlap. Many schools consider the MiM an "MBA equivalent" and will extend an acceptance to another applicant instead of filling a seat with someone who has already had their shot at graduate business school. As for the 2+2 program, I would encourage you to apply. You have the kind of stellar paper stats to get attention and it appears your early leadership achievements are on par with successful applicants to that program. Hope this helps.

Bryant Michaels
Veritas Prep | Admissions Consultant

Enroll now. Pay later. Take advantage of Veritas Prep's flexible payment plan options.

Veritas Prep Reviews