Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 29 Aug 2014, 00:20

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Profile Evaluation for INSEAD/Harvard/IMD/LBS

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 2

GMAT ToolKit User
Profile Evaluation for INSEAD/Harvard/IMD/LBS [#permalink] New post 06 Nov 2013, 02:13
Hi Everyone,

I would really appreciate some advice on my profile as I would like to apply for an MBA programme in either INSEAD, LBS, Harvard or IMD.

Nationality: Singaporean(Born and Bred)
Bachelors Degree: Bachelors in Information Technology and Business Systems from Monash University

Work Experience:
Started my first company at the age of 17 whilst studying for my diploma.
Made enough to finance my Bachelors degree.

Military Service
2.5 years of Service in the Military

Bachelors Degree: Monash University - Bachelors in Information Technology and Business Systems

After graduation
Business Development in Malaysian Company. Travelled Regionally(ASEAN)
Started a small t-shirt brand that catered to the Punjabi community.

HSBC Singapore
HR Role: Employee Engagement Role, and rotated in Compensation and Benefits, Business Analytics, Talent Resourcing and Organisational Development.

Currently
Now working on a startup that teaches Entrepreneurship

I have travelled extensively through the ASEAN region and for business and to holiday, and I have spent quite a bit of time in India as well.

Strengths:
I have a strong sense(business and personal) of the ASEAN and South Asian market with quite a few connections.
I have an entrepreneurial background.
Spent a good time in the military.

Weaknesses or Worries:
Low GPA around 3.0(the university did not actually have a GPA system, so I am estimating)
GMAT score: Had to rush home to get my passport and it got me flustered, so i botched my first attempt. Got a 590. Taking it again in December.
A movement through a few different jobs.
A lack of a huge success in business yet. No big exit or anything like that.

Outside of work
Volunteering with a local youth group for the past 5 years and have risen through the ranks to be in charge of their branding and strategy.
Avid photographer. Have had my own exhibitions and my work has been featured in newspapers and magazines.

The reason for wanting to do an MBA is to learn how to manage and build s strong and big business. The end goal is to be an entrepreneur, but I am looking to have some experience in consulting as well. I want to learn and meet new people as well, build a network of friends that are truly global.

What i am concerned is that compared to others who have strong corporate careers, that the route I have taken may not be well considered.
Would really appreciate all your help and advice.

Thanks a million.
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Profile Evaluation for INSEAD/Harvard/IMD/LBS   [#permalink] 06 Nov 2013, 02:13