Joined: 02 Aug 2014
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
, given: 1
Profile Evaluation for Internal Consultant [#permalink]
02 Aug 2014, 11:41
1) Work Experience: 3.5 years at boutique healthcare consulting firm, senior consultant managing project teams of 2 - 6 performing revenue cycle improvement projects (2010 - 2013). 1.0 years as internal advisory consultant for $16B corporation in automotive, communications & media industries focusing on data analytics and process improvement projects (2013 - present)
2) GMAT Stats: 37 Verbal, 44 Quant (660), 5.5 Analytical Writing and 8 Integrated Reasoning
3) Undergrad: UNC-Chapel Hill, 3.2, English & Political Science, Graduated May 2010.
4) Major Extracurricular Activities: Varsity Swimming Team (3 years, retired due to injury), 20+ hours of varied community service/year, extensive team management & leadership training
5) Certifications: Lean Six Sigma Green Belt
6) Programs in which I am interested: Emory One-Year, LBS, INSEAD
7) Round: R1 2014-15
8) Immediate Goal: Move from general corporate advisory to a role in strategy/new business at same or similarly-sized corporation
Primary Question: Should I retake the GMAT in an attempt to score greater than 700, or should I focus my efforts on admissions essays and stick with my current score? I studied on my own the first time around, and would likely take an online course if I were to make another attempt.