Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 11:40 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 11:40

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Math Expert
Own Kudos [?]: 618566 [1]
Given Kudos: 81562
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Send PM
Re: LBS Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
Yes it is...
Doing nothing is different from doing something and when you do that in a group, there are challenges and how one works the group towards the goals matters
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Send PM
aman11 wrote:
I am an Indian. My SSC percent is 84.4 and HSC percent is 79.8 and I graduated from delhi university with 70.8% marks in physical science electronics. I have done 'effective communication and personality development through theatre' a 100 hour course which is led by a theatre director and visiting faculties were personalities from NSD(national school of drama) and Bollywood. I have represented my college by doing stage acting in professional auditorium not college campus. I was a member of ASHMITA THEATRE GROUP for 1 year. I have performed in 5 plays as stage actor working with a team of more than 60 peoples including backstage artists which have helped me a lot in improving my leadership skills. My GMAT score is 730. Any chance to get admitted in LBS MIM course? Any recommendations? And also tell me does doing stage acting count as work experience?

Hi guy
are you admitted to LBS Mim yet?
I also plan to apply this year so I would like to talk and exchange with you about some points
if possible, can you add my skype. my skype is toan3390
Thanks so much in advance
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Have given both GRE and GMAT

GRE Score: 322 Q-166 V-156
GMAT: 640 Q-48 V30

I am a Bachelor of Engineer (2014 pass out-Passed with distinction)
Since then I have joined my father's company. I am getting trained in sales, marketing, service and general management for the past 1-1.5 years
I am interested in the Master's in Management degree.
Can I use my GRE score?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 42 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Concentration: International Business, Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.28
WE:Marketing (Telecommunications)
Send PM
Sharvari27 wrote:
Have given both GRE and GMAT

GRE Score: 322 Q-166 V-156
GMAT: 640 Q-48 V30

I am a Bachelor of Engineer (2014 pass out-Passed with distinction)
Since then I have joined my father's company. I am getting trained in sales, marketing, service and general management for the past 1-1.5 years
I am interested in the Master's in Management degree.
Can I use my GRE score?

Hi Sharvani,

Why don't you send your a CV for a profile evaluation?
https://www.london.edu/education-and-de ... ngELLYrLct

Just click on "Submit CV" on the right, just under "Download a brochure"
Also, they have averages for GMAT and GRE and seems like your GRE is more in line with their average. But your GMAT is also good, just a bit below average.
Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 87 [1]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
Expert Reply
aman11 wrote:
Does stage acting experience matter?

Your stage acting experience helps. Highlight it to show an interesting personality, and inclination to get involved with group activities. Working with different personalities and cultures, whether at school, work or extracurricular activities is good to include in your essays, especially if it is at a very high level or selective group.

Wish you all the best!
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM

!
This thread is the master profile evaluations thread for LBS applications only. We do not want random profile evaluation threads everywhere on the forum. This will help people get some consolidated (and free :P ) advice from consultants and help others learn as well.

Post your profile here if you want!

Suggested Template

Background and nationality
Undergrad Information
GMAT:
Work experience and leadership
Community and others
Post MBA goals
Anything else?

Hi GMAT Club!
I would really appreciate if you could help me understand if I stand a chance of entering LBS Master in Management.
Regardless you will reply or not, I have been reading answers in this forum for a little while now and I think it will be enormously useful in my (just started) GMAT journey. Thank you anyway.
So, here I am:

21 years old Italian
Bocconi University - Business Administration (#1 Italian Business school) - Exchange semester in Hanyang University (#3 Korea but the most famous for tech)
GPA: 3.5/4.0 (26.9/30)

Work Experience
Summer Marketing Intern - Small italian tech startup
Student Ambassador of a european association
Marketing team member in a Brazilian NGO (Summer)

Awards
International scholarship received before going to South Korea
2nd Place in a business innovation conference organized by Warsaw School of Economics & Google
AIESEC Member - our team was the national Top Performer and the project was later endorsed by Ministry of Education

Extra
Manage my own family holiday apartments (since I was 16)
Trying to establish a startup that help Tutors and students finding each other (still offline operations, hope the website will be online soon)
Football player in a 5-a-side team during my 2nd year
Volunteer (free meals to homeless)
Extracurricular courses in my hall of residence and in university

I currently speak Italian and English fluently, German and Spanish at an intermediate level and I hope to get my HSK 3 (out of 6) in Chinese by the end of May. I am at a really basic level of Russian and Portuguese, but I will not mention them in my resume.

Application
I will apply during before the May deadline
Career goals: Consultancy/late stage startup and then hope to start my own Tech venture
GMATPrep 1 (diagnostic test done yesterday): 640 (Q42 V35)
I have almost 6 weeks to improve my score and I am determined to go 700+. I already set up my study plan (including error log, useful tips from here like timing strategies and so on. I really owe you one, guys!) but every piece of advice is appreciated, of course.

Sorry for the long post, but I am sure you will need to understand the situation to evaluate it properly.
Have a nice day!
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1585 [0]
Given Kudos: 33
GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V48
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi Baldo5,

You seem to have a pretty good profile there, and should be well set for LBS, assuming you can make it to your target GMAT score.

LBS looks at academic performance as an important factor for MiM admissions, and your GPA is pretty good, with education from a top European program. Your internships/other work-ex (in your family business) seems solid, and you have some international experience and some leadership experience too. You have international experience as well, and LBS values that. Knowing multiple languages (including Chinese, Russian, and Portuguese, even if in a basic way), apart from multiple European languages, certainly helps further in terms of strengthening your case for admission.

On the things to look at, you should absolutely ensure that your GMAT score meets/exceeds the 700 bar, as that will be important, especially with LBS admissions now in a late stage and the class average over 700.

You might also need to provide more clarity on your career goals. You education/experience is not so far in tech, so building a connect to that goal will be important. Similarly, creating a connect with consulting (it is not an obvious fit) will be useful.

Overall, you certainly have what it takes. Focus on getting a good GMAT score, and putting in a strong application post that. All the best! Feel free to come back with further queries as needed.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
GyanOne wrote:
Hi Baldo5,

You seem to have a pretty good profile there, and should be well set for LBS, assuming you can make it to your target GMAT score.

LBS looks at academic performance as an important factor for MiM admissions, and your GPA is pretty good, with education from a top European program. Your internships/other work-ex (in your family business) seems solid, and you have some international experience and some leadership experience too. You have international experience as well, and LBS values that. Knowing multiple languages (including Chinese, Russian, and Portuguese, even if in a basic way), apart from multiple European languages, certainly helps further in terms of strengthening your case for admission.

On the things to look at, you should absolutely ensure that your GMAT score meets/exceeds the 700 bar, as that will be important, especially with LBS admissions now in a late stage and the class average over 700.

You might also need to provide more clarity on your career goals. You education/experience is not so far in tech, so building a connect to that goal will be important. Similarly, creating a connect with consulting (it is not an obvious fit) will be useful.

Overall, you certainly have what it takes. Focus on getting a good GMAT score, and putting in a strong application post that. All the best! Feel free to come back with further queries as needed.

GyanOne, thank you really much for your feedback, I truly appreciated it. I didn't even imagine my "secondary languages" could be relevant, I will try to highlight those, too.
My main concern (excluding GMAT of course) is the connection with my goals. Do you think I should mention possible plans for this summer as a proof of credibility for my goals?
Thank you again for sending this pieces of advice, I will make sure to use them wisely.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V36
GPA: 3.03
Send PM
Hey there! I would really appreciate an evaluation of my profile for admission for the LBS MiM.

- Male, 25, German
- GMAT: 690
- Education: LL.B. European Law and LL.M. Corporate Law from Maastricht University, Netherlands (GPA 7.02 and 7.33 respectively)
- Extracurriculars: 2 years as board member of the local branch of a study association. Among others, I created an academic activity format that I later incorporated into the faculty's first year curriculum together with faculty staff. I was elected as president of the association for the second year and was responsible for board management and external relations.
- Work experience: 3 months internship at Hill+Knowlton Strategies (Public Affairs), for the last half year I helped my father set up a family business in clean tech (we devised a road traffic system, involving our patented biofuel, that can enable inexpensive and 100% CO2-free mobility for the public).
- Languages: native German, fluent English, mediocre French
- International experience: 9 months as an au-pair (child care) in the US from 2010-2011; 3 months internship at a law firm in Toronto.
- Misc.: Member of Mensa Intl. (High IQ Society), ardent self-learner (e.g. taught myself how to read, webdesign basics and music production), very interested in music and martial arts

I don't think my application will stand or fall with the stuff I listed under Misc, but I thought it's better to list it anyway than to leave it.

The reason why I apply is because I believe a MiM will teach me the skills I need in order to make an impact in our family business venture, and prepare me for a leading role with responsibility.

I believe a GMAT of 690 is not enough in my case and I am currently studying towards a target of 740. However, I will probably not make it to the next deadline of May 03. I want to hit my 740 and apply for the June 21 round (I would only apply with my 690 GMAT for May 03 if my admission chances for the very late June 21 round were slim, even with a higher GMAT).

Any advice?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 153 [0]
Given Kudos: 41
Send PM
MarcMoody wrote:
Hey there! I would really appreciate an evaluation of my profile for admission for the LBS MiM.

- Male, 25, German
- GMAT: 690
- Education: LL.B. European Law and LL.M. Corporate Law from Maastricht University, Netherlands (GPA 7.02 and 7.33 respectively)
- Extracurriculars: 2 years as board member of the local branch of a study association. Among others, I created an academic activity format that I later incorporated into the faculty's first year curriculum together with faculty staff. I was elected as president of the association for the second year and was responsible for board management and external relations.
- Work experience: 3 months internship at Hill+Knowlton Strategies (Public Affairs), for the last half year I helped my father set up a family business in clean tech (we devised a road traffic system, involving our patented biofuel, that can enable inexpensive and 100% CO2-free mobility for the public).
- Languages: native German, fluent English, mediocre French
- International experience: 9 months as an au-pair (child care) in the US from 2010-2011; 3 months internship at a law firm in Toronto.
- Misc.: Member of Mensa Intl. (High IQ Society), ardent self-learner (e.g. taught myself how to read, webdesign basics and music production), very interested in music and martial arts

I don't think my application will stand or fall with the stuff I listed under Misc, but I thought it's better to list it anyway than to leave it.

The reason why I apply is because I believe a MiM will teach me the skills I need in order to make an impact in our family business venture, and prepare me for a leading role with responsibility.

I believe a GMAT of 690 is not enough in my case and I am currently studying towards a target of 740. However, I will probably not make it to the next deadline of May 03. I want to hit my 740 and apply for the June 21 round (I would only apply with my 690 GMAT for May 03 if my admission chances for the very late June 21 round were slim, even with a higher GMAT).

Any advice?

I think you are somewhat on the upper side of the age range for the MIM students. They thend to accept people that are 22-24. I am not saying that will be a disadvantage with admissions, but maybe there are more suitable programs ? In any case I think your profile is strong but you should try to improve the GMAT and get 710 + . Have you considered HSG and WHU ?
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: CrackVerbal
Own Kudos [?]: 7624 [0]
Given Kudos: 215
Send PM
Hi there!

Your profile looks strong overall - acads, extracurriculars, everything you have listed under misc. as well.

With a 740 ( or anything close to it), you will be positioned well over the average GMAT of 683 at LBS, and you should be good to go.

Couple of points -

1. Are you applying to other colleges as well to distribute your chances?
2. An MIM program is generally more theoretical than an MBA..If what you are looking for is practical experience in leading an organization, have you considered whether the MIM is really the program for you? Most of your MIM peers are likely to be slightly younger than you, so the peer learning may not be as helpful as that of an MBA program, even at a premier school like LBS. With a few more years of entrepreneurial experience under your belt, you might be poised for a very good MBA program..just a thought.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V36
GPA: 3.03
Send PM
Kudos
Thank you for the responses!

Ivan: yes I have considered HSG and WHU, but I decided to not apply. As far as I remember, one of them required previous studies in business (I studied law) and the other one's program lasts 1.5 years - I am looking for a one-year degree. I am also considering ESADE - in fact, I think currently I am even tending more towards that school.

CrackVerbal:
1) yes I am spreading my applications, at least a little. I will definitely also apply for the MSc in International Management at ESADE.
2) also yes - I have considered an MBA, and I am thinking about doing both. Now the MSc, the MBA in a few years. Your point about the practical experience brings me to ESADE in point (1) - what I like about that program are their courses, for example in "managing a family business" and "managing people in high growth startups", plus the ability to write a business plan instead of a thesis in the end.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Hi there! I'm looking for some feedback regarding the competitiveness of my profile for admission into the MiM at LBS.

– Male, 22 years old, American
- GMAT: 670 (IR8, Q43, V39)
– Education: Bachelor of Arts in Sociology from UC Berkeley (3.729 GPA)
– Extracurriculars: Planning and promoting 5 to 6 concerts a semester on campus while managing $50k yearly budget. For the last two years, I was the main talent buyer for this group . Head chef at an LGBTQ themed co-op, cooking meals for up to 50 people on a weekly basis. Editor of a Berlin-based architecture blog.
– Work Experience: Interned for two consecutive summers at a major film and television production company (Imagine Entertainment). The first summer I was a general intern, helping out production assistants with their various tasks. The second summer I interned directly under the company's President of Feature Film Production, during which I was involved with all projects that passed through her desk (she is writing one of my letters of recommendation). Intern at Liaison Artists, an agency that represents an array of international electronic musicians.
– Languages: Fluent in English, proficient in German (2+ years of study), proficient in Dutch (1 year of study)
– International Experience: Studied abroad in Berlin for 7 months (winter 2015 – summer 2015)
– Misc: Currently on track to graduate with distinction (equivalent to 'cum laude'), have been on the Dean's Honors List for 6 out of my 7 semesters at UC Berkeley (soon to be 7 out of 8)

In a perfect world, I would like to take the GMAT once more before applying. My quant score isn't anything to write home about, and I worry the fact that I'm coming from the social sciences will accentuate that not so impressive score. I also took the test on approx. 5 hours of sleep (by no fault of my own :/ ), so I really think I could do better under better circumstances. But unfortunately, the LBS MiM site says that they highly recommend any students in need of a visa to apply before May, so it seems like my best bet is to apply before the May 3rd deadline of this most recent round of applications. And, for what it's worth, I've already been accepted to RSM's MiM.

Thanks in advance for taking the time to read my profile and for any advice you might have!
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1585 [0]
Given Kudos: 33
GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V48
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi

This is very close to the LBS MiM May deadline, but still, will try to provide our perspective.

Given your situation, you should try and still apply. Highlight clarity in your career goals (how does your background in sociology relate to them) and connect your excellent experiences to how they helped you pick up the skills and the attitudes that were relevant. On the GMAT score, not much that can be done now, but try and highlight your strong academics at a top school like Berkeley, including your dean's list honors. Your differentiated background (by way of work at internships, extra-curriculars, and your top school background) should hopefully see you make it to the interview stage.

Hope this helps in some way. Please feel free to come back with more questions as needed.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [2]
Schools: NTU '18 (S)
Send PM
Kudos