Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 24 Jul 2014, 11:20

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Profile Evaluation for LBS EMBA - Sept 2012 Intake

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Director
Director
Concentration: International Business, Strategy
GMAT Date: 06-22-2012
GPA: 2.9
WE: Information Technology (Consulting)
Followers: 12

Kudos [?]: 264 [0], given: 217

GMAT Tests User
Profile Evaluation for LBS EMBA - Sept 2012 Intake [#permalink] New post 14 Apr 2012, 12:55
Hi Paul,

I will really appreciate if you can please tell me what are my chances of getting into the September 2013 of Exec MBA of LBS? My profile is below:

Sex: M
Nationality: British
GMAT: 520 (Q 40 & V 21)--> Taken today. Very disappointed. But can't do much. Very intense work commitments. Not trying to use this as an excuse though.
Undergraduate Degree - 1995-1999.
GPA - 2.5
Work experience: 11 years
Management Experience: 9 years
Team Size management: 15-22 people.
International experience: Worked in Prague, Netherlands, Germany, UK and India at managerial positions. Managing teams spread globally.
Budget Management: Approx $10 Mill.
Expertise: IT Consulting.
Extracuricullar activities: Lead the teams responsible for aid distribution for Chernobyl Children Trust.
String alumni and other recommendations.
May get the company sponsorship.

Thanking you in anticipation for the swift response to this email.
E.

Best Regards,
E.

MGMAT 1 --> 530
MGMAT 2--> 640
MGMAT 3 ---> 610 :-(

Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
MBA Admissions Consulting
Followers: 49

Kudos [?]: 178 [1] , given: 195

Re: Profile Evaluation for LBS EMBA - Sept 2012 Intake [#permalink] New post 17 Apr 2012, 01:44
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
Hey enigma123:

These types of situations can suck. You're trying to burn the candle at both ends, and getting a lukewarm reception with the GMAT.

None-the-less, I would the to apply to the executive program at London business school. The fact remains that executive programs have been hit hard by the economic downturn. A lot of companies have stopped sponsoring their "executives." Other senior manager types have not really had the opportunity to broach the question with their superiors. Everyone is worried about his or her job, or even perhaps their company going out of business. It's just has not been a good fit you or the "distraction" of an executive MBA.

So what does this mean for you? It means that admissions committees or executive programs – who have traditionally been very flexible in their admissions requirements – are now much more obliged to see the merits of your candidacy. I cannot speak specifically for the LBS executive admissions committee, but I believe that they are very much the same boat that I know other executive admissions committees are in.

Long story short, I think your chances are better than you believe. Definitely apply.

Respectfully,
Paul Lanzillotti

enigma123 wrote:
Hi Paul,

I will really appreciate if you can please tell me what are my chances of getting into the September 2013 of Exec MBA of LBS? My profile is below:

Sex: M
Nationality: British
GMAT: 520 (Q 40 & V 21)--> Taken today. Very disappointed. But can't do much. Very intense work commitments. Not trying to use this as an excuse though.
Undergraduate Degree - 1995-1999.
GPA - 2.5
Work experience: 11 years
Management Experience: 9 years
Team Size management: 15-22 people.
International experience: Worked in Prague, Netherlands, Germany, UK and India at managerial positions. Managing teams spread globally.
Budget Management: Approx $10 Mill.
Expertise: IT Consulting.
Extracuricullar activities: Lead the teams responsible for aid distribution for Chernobyl Children Trust.
String alumni and other recommendations.
May get the company sponsorship.

Thanking you in anticipation for the swift response to this email.
E.

Paul Lanzillotti | Founder| About | mba@amerasiaconsulting.com | 877.866.9251

Schedule a Consultation | Twitter | Blog

Download "How To Apply" Guides | INSEAD | Columbia | Harvard | Wharton

Director
Director
Concentration: International Business, Strategy
GMAT Date: 06-22-2012
GPA: 2.9
WE: Information Technology (Consulting)
Followers: 12

Kudos [?]: 264 [0], given: 217

GMAT Tests User
Re: Profile Evaluation for LBS EMBA - Sept 2012 Intake [#permalink] New post 17 Apr 2012, 03:09
Many thanks Paul. I have submitted my application yesterday. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Best Regards,
E.

MGMAT 1 --> 530
MGMAT 2--> 640
MGMAT 3 ---> 610 :-(

Expert Post
MBA Admissions Consulting
Followers: 49

Kudos [?]: 178 [0], given: 195

Re: Profile Evaluation for LBS EMBA - Sept 2012 Intake [#permalink] New post 27 Apr 2012, 17:25
Expert's post
Let me know how it turns out.

enigma123 wrote:
Many thanks Paul. I have submitted my application yesterday. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Paul Lanzillotti | Founder| About | mba@amerasiaconsulting.com | 877.866.9251

Schedule a Consultation | Twitter | Blog

Download "How To Apply" Guides | INSEAD | Columbia | Harvard | Wharton