Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 01 Sep 2014, 10:46

Happy Labor Day:

Free Access to New GMATClub Tests for all GMATClub Members!!

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Profile evaluation for master in accounting

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Profile evaluation for master in accounting [#permalink] New post 01 Sep 2012, 00:22
Hi accepted,

I'm an international student from China, want to apply for a "master in accounting" program in USA. Here is my profile. I have no idea what kind of rank of universities I may apply. Could you please give me an evaluation?

Under.: Westeast Uni.(TOP40 in China); Major: English (GPA3.3); Double major: Finance(GPA3.1)
GMAT:640, Q 50, V26, AW(unknown now)
TOEFL: 97(I can try again to improve it over 100)
Intern experience: 2 month in a china bank.
Extra-curriculum: Division leader in student union.

Target universities:
1, UC DAVIS
2, USC
3, Uni. of Wisconsin Madison
4, Arizona state Uni.
5, TAMU
6, UIUC
7, Michigan State
8, UC Riverside
9, Penn. State Uni.

Is the GMAT requirement of MS-in-accounting application higher or lower than MBA requirement? Should I retake the GMAT? Since the 2013 application is just in the corner, should I try to improve GMAT/TOEFL or try to find an accounting internship in the following months?

Based on my present profile, what kind of universities can I apply? Is the above possible? Or any other proper universities?

Thank you very much!
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
MBA Admissions Consulting
Followers: 42

Kudos [?]: 336 [0], given: 64

GMAT Tests User
Re: Profile evaluation for master in accounting [#permalink] New post 02 Sep 2012, 21:13
Expert's post
leoking wrote:
Hi accepted,

I'm an international student from China, want to apply for a "master in accounting" program in USA. Here is my profile. I have no idea what kind of rank of universities I may apply. Could you please give me an evaluation?

Under.: Westeast Uni.(TOP40 in China); Major: English (GPA3.3); Double major: Finance(GPA3.1)
GMAT:640, Q 50, V26, AW(unknown now)
TOEFL: 97(I can try again to improve it over 100)
Intern experience: 2 month in a china bank.
Extra-curriculum: Division leader in student union.

Target universities:
1, UC DAVIS
2, USC
3, Uni. of Wisconsin Madison
4, Arizona state Uni.
5, TAMU
6, UIUC
7, Michigan State
8, UC Riverside
9, Penn. State Uni.

Is the GMAT requirement of MS-in-accounting application higher or lower than MBA requirement? Should I retake the GMAT? Since the 2013 application is just in the corner, should I try to improve GMAT/TOEFL or try to find an accounting internship in the following months?

Based on my present profile, what kind of universities can I apply? Is the above possible? Or any other proper universities?

Thank you very much!

Leo,

I am not familiar enough with the requirements for the MAcc programs to provide the evaluation. I suggestion you go to the schools' web sites and look up the average GMAT range for the schools you have listed as well as the minimum TOEFL score. I can tell you the schools will be concerned about your English abilities based on your GMAT.

Best,
Linda

Linda Abraham
Accepted
310-815-9553

Co-Author of: MBA Admission for Smarties: The No-Nonsense Guide to Acceptance at Top Business Schools

Follow Accepted on Twitter
Friend Accepted on Facebook
Subscribe to Accepted's Blog