Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 20 Aug 2014, 09:04

Flash Sale:

The Economist GMAT Tutor - 15% Off All Courses

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Profile Evaluation for Masters in Management Programmes

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 670 Q48 V35
GPA: 3.5
Followers: 21

Kudos [?]: 57 [0], given: 26

GMAT ToolKit User GMAT Tests User
Profile Evaluation for Masters in Management Programmes [#permalink] New post 20 Aug 2011, 20:37
I wish to apply for the elite masters in management programs, which require no work experience.

My profile:

Age - 21
Nationality - Indian
Undergrad - Bachelors in Management Studies from Mumbai University. Graduated with 82% aggregate score - top 1% of class.
Work Experience - 2 internships of 2 months each, at startups.
GMAT - 670 Q48 V35 (Was expecting 720-730)

Others- Ample amount of team work experience.
Core committee member of the organizing committees of 3 different events of my college for 3 successive years.

I feel that my stint at the startup and my experience with the events was really amazing and I can effectively market them through my essays.

I plan to apply for LBS MiM, Duke MMS, LSE MiM-CEMS and St.Gallen MA.SIM. Are my chances still dim, considering that these programs are difficult to get into, as far as I have heard ? Do I need to retake the GMAT ?

As per their websites my GMAT score is a tad more than the average/median scores. I was targeting a scholarship but that seems next to impossible now. Do you think my chances of admission are dim ?

GMAT done - a mediocre score but I still have a lot of grit in me

The last 20 days of my GMAT journey

Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
MBA Admissions Consulting
Followers: 13

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: Profile Evaluation for Masters in Management Programmes [#permalink] New post 25 Aug 2011, 13:34
Expert's post
akhileshgupta05 wrote:
I wish to apply for the elite masters in management programs, which require no work experience.

My profile:

Age - 21
Nationality - Indian
Undergrad - Bachelors in Management Studies from Mumbai University. Graduated with 82% aggregate score - top 1% of class.
Work Experience - 2 internships of 2 months each, at startups.
GMAT - 670 Q48 V35 (Was expecting 720-730)

Others- Ample amount of team work experience.
Core committee member of the organizing committees of 3 different events of my college for 3 successive years.

I feel that my stint at the startup and my experience with the events was really amazing and I can effectively market them through my essays.

I plan to apply for LBS MiM, Duke MMS, LSE MiM-CEMS and St.Gallen MA.SIM. Are my chances still dim, considering that these programs are difficult to get into, as far as I have heard ? Do I need to retake the GMAT ?

As per their websites my GMAT score is a tad more than the average/median scores. I was targeting a scholarship but that seems next to impossible now. Do you think my chances of admission are dim ?

Everything else in your profile seems great, but I would recommend retaking the GMAT to boost the score to at least 700, preferably 720+. If you do not reach that score though, I do encourage you to apply anyway. Your GPA and activities do count as well, and they might prove strong enough to overcome the GMAT.

Regards,
Jennifer Bloom, CPRW
jbloom@accepted.com
310-815-9553

Follow Accepted on Twitter
Friend Accepted on Facebook
Subscribe to Accepted's Blog