Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 20 Aug 2014, 08:36

Flash Sale:

The Economist GMAT Tutor - 15% Off All Courses

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Profile evaluation for MBA

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 720 Q51 V35
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Profile evaluation for MBA [#permalink] New post 26 Jun 2013, 06:38
Hi,

I am planning to apply for various programs in the Fall 2014 intake , would be obliged if you evaluate my profile

Demographics: Indian / Male / Age 26
Academics: Bachelors in Electronics and communication Engineering, 2009. 71%. Delhi University: Netaji subhas Institute of Technology(NSIT), India.
GMAT: 720 (Q 51, V35) , AWA-5

CFA LEVEL 1&2 cleared.

Work Experience: 5 years at the time i will join the college.

Experience as a Project Manager in a Power Plant Equipment (Manufacturing)- BHEL, joined as Executive Engineer promoted to Sr. Engineer

Responsibilities:
 Interacted with client and consultant throughout project lifecycle for conformance to requirement
 Coordinated with various departments for timely manufacturing, supplies, services, design, finances and decided on key deliveries
 Monitored production trends and reported financial parameters for BHEL, Electronics division
Acheivements:
 Top rated: 5/5 in evaluation for performance related bonus for financial years 2010-11, 2011-12
 Prepared feasibility analysis report for new product using financial models to calculate NPV & IRR
 Highly appreciated by top management for doing a thorough market analysis and preparing a financial model to find out future profitability of a new Photo Voltaic assembly line
 Conceptualized & implemented project review system, improved efficiency of updating by 25%

Extra-curricular:
1. Joint Secretary of Officers club BHEL,EDN
 Presided over managing committee and general meetings for BOC club at EDN unit, BHEL
 Coordinated with the General Secy., Treasurer & 8 other committee members on club affairs
 Responsible for maintenance of large-sized ground, multiple sports facilities & canteen of the club
2. Organizer cultural affairs BHEL,EDN
 Worked alongside team of 11, organized 3 major social events for 900 officers & their families
 Organized Annual Cultural program and Dinner for 800 executives and their Families

My target programs: LBS, INSEAD, NUS, Darden, Tepper, Kelley, Mccombs,Ross.
I am interested in a General management/Corporate Finance/Strategy profile post-MBA

My questions:
1. What are my chances for getting admitted in these programs?
2. What other colleges are better suited for my profile ? I am completely open for your suggestions as well.
Particularly i want to be sure that i get admitted to one of the colleges...

Thanks for your valuable time addressing my query!!
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
MBA Admissions Consulting
Followers: 40

Kudos [?]: 333 [0], given: 64

GMAT Tests User
Re: Profile evaluation for MBA [#permalink] New post 27 Jun 2013, 22:28
Expert's post
singhalnitin11 wrote:
Hi,

I am planning to apply for various programs in the Fall 2014 intake , would be obliged if you evaluate my profile

Demographics: Indian / Male / Age 26
Academics: Bachelors in Electronics and communication Engineering, 2009. 71%. Delhi University: Netaji subhas Institute of Technology(NSIT), India.
GMAT: 720 (Q 51, V35) , AWA-5

CFA LEVEL 1&2 cleared.

Work Experience: 5 years at the time i will join the college.

Experience as a Project Manager in a Power Plant Equipment (Manufacturing)- BHEL, joined as Executive Engineer promoted to Sr. Engineer

Responsibilities:
 Interacted with client and consultant throughout project lifecycle for conformance to requirement
 Coordinated with various departments for timely manufacturing, supplies, services, design, finances and decided on key deliveries
 Monitored production trends and reported financial parameters for BHEL, Electronics division
Acheivements:
 Top rated: 5/5 in evaluation for performance related bonus for financial years 2010-11, 2011-12
 Prepared feasibility analysis report for new product using financial models to calculate NPV & IRR
 Highly appreciated by top management for doing a thorough market analysis and preparing a financial model to find out future profitability of a new Photo Voltaic assembly line
 Conceptualized & implemented project review system, improved efficiency of updating by 25%

Extra-curricular:
1. Joint Secretary of Officers club BHEL,EDN
 Presided over managing committee and general meetings for BOC club at EDN unit, BHEL
 Coordinated with the General Secy., Treasurer & 8 other committee members on club affairs
 Responsible for maintenance of large-sized ground, multiple sports facilities & canteen of the club
2. Organizer cultural affairs BHEL,EDN
 Worked alongside team of 11, organized 3 major social events for 900 officers & their families
 Organized Annual Cultural program and Dinner for 800 executives and their Families

My target programs: LBS, INSEAD, NUS, Darden, Tepper, Kelley, Mccombs,Ross.
I am interested in a General management/Corporate Finance/Strategy profile post-MBA

My questions:
1. What are my chances for getting admitted in these programs?
2. What other colleges are better suited for my profile ? I am completely open for your suggestions as well.
Particularly i want to be sure that i get admitted to one of the colleges...

Thanks for your valuable time addressing my query!!

My first thought is that your post MBA "interest" is way too general. It basically says you don't know what you want to do, and that's not good.

1. Assuming you sharpen your goal, you have a competitive profile for all the programs. Obviously INSEAD and LBS are the hardest to get into.
2. You may also want to consider Yale, UT (especially if you want to stay in energy) or Duke.

Best,
Linda

Linda Abraham
Accepted
310-815-9553

Co-Author of: MBA Admission for Smarties: The No-Nonsense Guide to Acceptance at Top Business Schools

Follow Accepted on Twitter
Friend Accepted on Facebook
Subscribe to Accepted's Blog