Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Oct 2014, 23:06

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Profile Evaluation for MBA

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 4

Profile Evaluation for MBA [#permalink] New post 13 Jul 2014, 11:20
Harsh . D . Prabhu
DOB: 16th Nov 1989 (Age: 24)

GMAT : 720 (expected)

Major : Computer Engineering from DJ Sanghvi College of Engineering (Mumbai University)
Year of passing out: 2011
Grade : 72% overall aggregate

10th : 90%
12th: 88%

Work Experience :
• Finance Analyst: 1.5 years of working as an Analyst in a top Investment Bank
• Entrepreneur: Founder & CEO of CampWorks Technologies – Currently managing two products,
o Ediffy - A communication system used by higher education institutes to streamline various internal processes. Currently has an active user base of 40,000 users spread across Western India and expanding
o Skillberg – A platform that helps users discover educational courses to enhance their skillset

Work description:
• In June 2011, was selected amongst the top 1% of all applications from my University to be selected for the IB Division of this bank. Here I worked closely with companies from the Diversified Industrials & Transportation sector (mainly Automobile, Airports, Shipping and Renewable energy)
o Worked with the team that liaised directly with companies for IPO’s and M&A projects of major Asian clients in +$500mm deals
o In my tenure, was entrusted with studying the new sector of Solar inverters and recommending fitting acquisition targets to a major Korean conglomerate to grow their business, was involved in execution of a bond offering for a major Hong Kong based conglomerate, prepared end to end pitch books outlining IPO strategies for a shipping company in Singapore, and regularly liaised with a Korean auto giant sharing global trends of the industry and future outlook
o Worked with a major airport infrastructure company in India in analyzing their properties across the world and advised on divestiture. Also, involved with a Indian conglomerate in competition analysis for starting a new business line in the agricultural machinery sector
o Was awarded the Best Performing Analyst award for my efforts in the year 2011-2012
• Understanding how businesses work and my long-standing passion towards technology made me found my own company, which I started working on full time starting November 2012. I convinced a technical co-founder (who was involved in a previously angel backed start-up) to join me and we both dedicated our energies towards this project
o Realizing a gap in effective teacher-student communication due to lack of functional tools (emails are too basic and ERP’s are too complex for the teacher to use), I envisioned Ediffy as a simple tool that just works and also makes many critical processes in education institutes paperless. I was involved in the ideation, brand positioning, product UX and UI design, product-market fit analysis, funds management and building an effective marketing and sales channel in the hard to reach teacher-student community
o Being a new category of product in the education industry, after initial struggles in finding a foothold, our community of users has now expanded to 40,000 users (and growing), majorly having come from word-of-mouth publicity and inherent virality we have built into the product
o Further, our experience in this field made us realize inspite of the oversupply of graduates in the country very few are actually skilled and employable. Keeping this in mind and to grow our business further we built Skillberg which aims at connecting students to courses handpicked by us (which they were not aware of but now right in their pockets using the Ediffy platform) which help them build all round demonstrable skills which is the need of the hour and breakaway from relying just on the their degree to help them unlock opportunities, be in the form of a job or advancement in their career
o We already have many reputed clients on board offering services to our students and work closely with them to overall benefit this entire education eco-system that we currently are in the middle of
o Im currently managing a team of 7 and plan to expand Ediffy and Skillberg further

Post MBA goals:
• To explore opportunities to grow our business worldwide and for that I need to study education trends globally, develop contacts with the right people, study best practices deployed in more advanced economies in the education sector and build on the right skillset to grow this business efficiently

Extra-Curricular:
• Head the cultural festival of my college, and lead ~200-300 students to help organize our biggest ever annual cultural festival that year
• Designed blood donation drive for NSS in my institute
• Part of Inter college Fashion show (1st Prize across several inter-collegiate competitions across India).
• Was the Publicity head of Computer Society of India (DJ Sanghvi Chapter)
• Part of the school football team in the all Mumbai football tournament

Questions for you: (I plan to apply for fall 2016)
• The MBA schools I can target
• The current gaps I have in my profile or what further I can do to pep it up further to have to get into the best MBA schools

Thank you!
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes