Status: Preparing for Applications
Joined: 02 Jun 2011
Schools: ISB, Tepper, NUS, HEC
WE 1: 2.5 yrs- Systems Engineer, Infosys
, given: 1
Profile Evaluation for MBA admission [#permalink]
04 Oct 2011, 05:27
Hi Paul Lanzillotti
I am pursuing the following B-Schools (in order of priority) :
1) Haas School of Business, University of California Berkeley -(full-time MBA)
2) HEC, Paris (full-time MBA)
3) National University of Singapore - (full-time MBA)
4) Hong Kong UST Business School
5) SDA Bocconi School of Management - (full-time MBA)
6) Duke University (Fuqua business school) - (full-time MBA)
7) Cornell University (Johnson business school) - (full-time MBA)
8) Emory University (Goizueta business school) -(full-time MBA)
9) Indiana University (Kelly Business School) -(full-time MBA)
10) Carnegie Mellon University - Tepper business school (MS in Computational Finance)
I have listed the above in order of my preference. Please let me know the universities in which I stand a chance for
Please study the following for your evaluation:
Name: Abhishek Lekhi
Age : 24
GMAT Score: 700 (QA -49, VERBAL- 35, AWA -awaited)
School (class 10): St. John's High School, Chandigarh, India. Total Marks: 87.2%
School (class 12): DAV College, Chandigarh, India. Total Marks: 70.6%
Bachelor in Engineering (Information Technology)
from Panjab University, Chandigarh, India.
aggregate marks: 61.5 %
Company: Infosys Technologies Ltd.
Duration : 2.5 yrs (July 2009 - present)
Position: Systems Engineer
Projects: have been a part of 3 Software development projects and 1 Software Maintenance project for German Client
(please let me know if the client name is necessary)
Project 1: Web application for Product Testing.
Technology used : Java Stuts 1.1
Project 2: Web application in Retail and Logistic and product shipment domain.
Technologies used : Java: Stripes, Spring Hibernate
Project 3: Web application for Product recommendation, approval and creation.
Technologies used : Java: Struts 2.0, Spring, JDBC Template
Maintenance project: Client co-ordination and global support for developed project.
Technology: Java Struts 1.1
In addition to my role as a software developer, I have played the following roles:
Configuration Controller: I am responsible for project code version maintenance, quality control, Build tools
maintenance, Project release on client server and client coordination after release.
Database Administrator: I am responsible for highly equipped database servers both on offshore development
environment as well as client location.
Extra Curricular Activities:
1) Operated own website based business venture 'DiscountAlley' from December 2008 to May 2009 in Chandigarh, India.
Collaborated with various popular outlets throughout the city whereby listing discounts at these outlets exclusively
for the users of the website. The outlet was charged a fixed monthly fee along with a variable fee corresponding to
the number of promotional SMSs sent on the outlet's behalf.
We operated the business venture for a duration of 6 months. We had broken even in about 2 months and were drawing
profits from the venture. But we decided to shut down the business due to lack of finances, since we were students
back then and had limited sources finance for investment.
2) Presented own business plan GARBEN, which dealt with conversion of municipal plastic waste to hydrocarbon fuel,
for venture capitalist funding at the following competitions:
1. Among Top 5 teams at IIT-Kharagpur- Jan '09
2. 2nd Position (tied with IIM-Ahmedabad) at Entrepreneurship-Summit,Feb 2009 Delhi College of Engineering
3. 1st position at PANJAB ENGINEERING COLLEGE, Chandigarh -2007.
4. 1st position at THAPAR University, Patiala.
5. 2nd position in marketing plan competition-PANJAB ENGINEERING COLLEGE.
6. 3rd position at IP University, New Delhi.
7 Finalists at IIT Roorkee - April 2009, IIT Kharagpur-January 2009,IT-BHU -Feb 2009,Thapar University, Patiala
-April 2009,Venture Capitalist Pitch event at Entrepreneurship-summit held at Delhi College of Engineering-Feb 2009.
3) I am the Infosys campus ambassador for Teach for India for the year 2011-2012.
teach for India is an organization on the lines of Teach for America.
My responsibilities as the campus ambassador include:
1. Building awareness about the TFI movement
a. Mobilizing young professionals from my company and network to apply to TFI Fellowship
through posters, presentations, calls, e-mails, group discussions/debates, online and other
b. Help TFI organize events in my city for young professionals
2. Serve as a liaison between TFI and my network
a. Introduce TFI to the CSR/HR team of my company and explore possibilities of a partnership
b. Help coordinate a TFI presentation in my company or to an external network
3. Targeted Recruiting
a. Manage relationships with the high-potential candidates of my community/profile
b. Support TFI staff by managing conference calls with candidates of my profile
c. Solicit ~30 high-potential applications from my network
4. Stay in touch by attending calls and submitting my “Reporting Sheet” bi-weekly
4) I have been a part of the Rotaract Club, Chandigarh, India and participated in various social upliftment events.
I will be very grateful if you could evaluate my candidacy for the list of schools that I have provided.
Thank you and Regards