Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 06:46 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 06:46

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Concentration: Strategy, Other
Schools: SDA Bocconi - Class of 2011
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V34
GPA: 3.21
WE:Analyst (Telecommunications)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Send PM
Re: Profile Evaluation for MBA in 2016/2017 [#permalink]
Hi Abhirup,

Sure definitely.

Basically event with 3 years experience Top 15 schools is a really long shot.
But may be with some time in hand it might be achievable.

You can add flavor to your profile. For example, start engaging in something you like or your hobby or passion in more deeper way
so that you have a story to tell there as well.
Apart from that, also think about your goals and what you want to do post MBA and then you might get some ideas as to what extra you might need
apart from the MBA to reach your goals and may be some of that you can do during the next year.

Also, if possible try for an international exposure, may be a business trip if you haven't had any yet.
You can also consider starting some initiatives at work or in any social groups or somewhere which might give you an edge and add diversity.
These things also enable you to have good things to write in your essays and gives a good reflection to the adcom.

I actually mentor MBA candidates as my passion. I started last year and mentored few candidates and also mentoring 3-4 this year.
Let me know if you would like to have more dedicated help. It's free anyways but just more structured and customized.
You can have a look at my website. Its there in my signature here.

Cheers !
Dhiraj

abhirupab wrote:
Hi Dhiraj,

Thanks for the quick response.

Can you pinpoint some of the key areas where I should focus on to strengthen my profile and make a strong application?

Also, are the chances good 2017 admissions given that I will be having 3 yrs work experience by then.

Thanks,
Abhirup
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thanks for the response.

I will definitely work on that.

And yes, I will be needing some guidance. Let me know how to get in touch with you.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Hey Abhirup,

You can reach out to be on my email I use for mentees : globalmbagyan@gmail.com

Initially you can drop me an email with your CV and then I will send you some initial questions to understand your profile better
and then we can continue accordingly.

Cheers !
Dhiraj

abhirupab wrote:
Thanks for the response.

I will definitely work on that.

And yes, I will be needing some guidance. Let me know how to get in touch with you.
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 575 [0]
Given Kudos: 155
Send PM
Expert Reply
abhirupab wrote:
HI,

PLEASE EVALUATE MY PROFILE:
GMAT: 720
TOEFL: 109
GPA: 8.9 (82%)
CLASS 10: 92%
CLASS 12: 81%
DEGREE: B.TECH
UNIVERSITY: JADAVPUR UNIVERSITY, KOLKATA (BATCH 2014)
WORK EXPERIENCE: 1 YR 6 MONTHS AS SOFTWARE ENGINEER, SAMSUNG RESEARCH INSTITUTE BANGALORE (BEST RATING AMONG 6000 EMPLOYEES FOR TWO CONSECUTIVE SEASONS, EMPLOYEE OF THE MONTH AWARD, SPOT AWARD), PLACEMENT CO-ORDINATOR (BATCH 2014)
EXTRA-CURRICULAR: CONVENER OF TECH FEST, FOOTBALL, CRICKET
NATIONALITY: INDIAN

CAN YOU PLEASE EVALUATE MY PROFILE AND SUGGEST SOME OF THE B-SCHOOLS I COULD APPLY FOR, FOR 2016 OR 2017 ADMISSIONS. TARGETING TOP 10-15 B-SCHOOLS IN US, HEC, INSEAD.

THANKS.

Abhirup,

Your work experience is following a great trajectory - lots of achievements and awards- followup the good work and you will be good on the professional front.

I would strongly advise you to retake the GMAT- think of a 750+ score, which is almost like a requirement at the top 15 US b-schools. Your 720 will leave you short there and the competition is always tough there among the Indian candidates. With time on hand until next year, you would not want to lose out to other Indian candidates on account of your GMAT score.

While extracurricular interests are good to have, adcoms typically look for intense involvement. Think of 1-2 areas where you can involve yourself in a meaningful way and work hard to build some achievements in that area over the next one year.

Here is an article that will help you understand how you can work on your profile over the coming year....start now, because as you know, time flies!
GMAT Club Bot