Joined: 11 Aug 2012
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V34
WE: Operations (Energy and Utilities)
, given: 0
Profile Evaluation for MBA & MIM [#permalink]
25 Aug 2012, 14:23
I was wondering what colleges should I target in all the different categories
Age-23 M/ India
High School: 85%
Senior Secondary School: 86%
Graduation: 63.15% B.E. (Honors) in Mechanical from Delhi College of Engineering, India (Top 10 in India).
Work Experience: 14 months with Alstom India Ltd as field operations engineer.
• Responsible for erection of pressure parts, mills and air preheaters in unit 5 at NTPC Barh - India’s First Supercritical Boiler (5X660MW)
• Erection of pressure parts at APGENCO KRISHNAPATNAM Site - 2X800MW Boiler
• Prepared Commissioning procedure Phase 1 for Bokaro – 36MW BPTG Project
• Had a cross-functional stint for two months in Supply Chain Management and Project Management
• Training for one month at NPTI, Badarpur on Intoduction to Power Plants
• Attended workshop on Commissioning and start up system of Supercritical Boilers
• Completed Field Weld Schedule for the Supercritical Boiler
• Developing Work Packages for the sequence of erection of panels, coils and headers in a Supercritical Boiler
• Preparing Weekly report of the work progress and developing the punch list for the client BHEL in order to complete the construction.
Achievements: Was awarded scholarship for 4 years of graduation under Prime Minister's Scholarship scheme. Also was awarded certificate from Hindi Academy of India for performing exceptionally well in school.
Was awarded Man of the Match in final match of Alstom's Corporate Cricket Tournament.
Extra Curricular: Did a project on radio controlled Aeroplane while in college. Team went to Georgia ,USA and came 26th out of 65 teams. I was the captain of the team.
Organised various technical fests in college.
Cricket captain of college and won many trophies with college cricket team. Actively involved in other games like football and athletics as well.
Currently play for Alstom Corporate Cricket Team.
CSR: Got a chance to meet with the children of an NGO which had a tie up with Alstom and participated in a painting competition with them.
Also participated in Alstom's Spring water Recharge programme in Hilly areas.
GMAT Score: 680 (Q48, V34)........
Post MBA Concentration: Consulting, Marketing, General Management
Colleges who received my score till now:
University of Pittsburgh, Katz
Rotterdam Erasmus General Mgmt
HEC Paris, MIM
I selected my target schools on the basis of these 3 factors:
1) Cost to attend MBA
2) Reputation and Ranking
3) Employment post MBA
What are the other schools I should target? What is my chance this year at York Schulich, Texas A & M and BYU? Should i wait for 1 more year so that European colleges mainly in Germany also opens door for me? I am more keen on doing an MBA but i will also apply to MIM from HEC and Erasmus because of the reputation of these programs.
Kindly do the profiling and i look forward to hear from you.
Thanks in Advance