Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 24 Apr 2014, 18:52

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Profile evaluation for MiM LBS

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [1] , given: 0

Profile evaluation for MiM LBS [#permalink] New post 22 Jun 2012, 05:20
This post received
KUDOS
Please evaluate my profile for MiM LBS and other similar BSchools in Europe:

Studying 5 year Integrated MSc in Chemistry from IIT Kharagpur, one of the best engineering colleges in India.
Current GPA(at the end of 4 yrs): 8.44
GMAT Score: 750
Can speak and write four languages: English, Hindi, Urdu and French(still learning)
A foreign intern(summer project) in Canada. 2 interns in India.
Involved in extensive Extra academic activities:
Governor(head) of the Literary Society of my college.
In my capacity as literary head, i initiated and undertook many events of literary nature in our annual College Fest.
Central Team member of National Service Scheme of IIT Kharagpur. One of the 6 members working under the professor coordinator and handling a 1000+ strong student volunteers doing social work in and around our campus. Our team brought out an unprecedented 5 newsletters in an academic year.
Awarded a merit certificate as one of the best NSS volunteers in my second year.
Co-founded an organization called IITians For Youth(IFY). Managed workshops ranging from acquiring sponsorship to attaining media publicity in different cities of India like Patna, Jamshedpur, Hyderabad etc. and gave presentations in these workshops comprising of 500+ students each related to education and career options for students. Our workshops have been featured in more than 100 print and electronic media.
Our IFY team of 17 students of our college undertook a visit to the naxal(dubbed by the prime minister as the biggest internal security threat to India) affected regions of our state Bihar for 20 days in our summer vacation assessing the education scenario there and conducting small to medium level workshops in these villages motivating students and their teachers alike towards education. It was again extensively covered by the media and our efforts praised by one and all.
Captain of my School House in my senior year and vice captain at my junior year making me one of the 10 members of the student council of my school.
I like cartooning and graphic designand have designed many posters in my college for various purposes.
I am the member of the Quiz team of my hostel at college and have won a medal in our inter hostel championship.

Thanks! :)
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
MBA Admissions Consulting
Followers: 36

Kudos [?]: 305 [0], given: 59

GMAT Tests User
Re: Profile evaluation for MiM LBS [#permalink] New post 02 Jul 2012, 20:37
Expert's post
amesolitaire wrote:
Please evaluate my profile for MiM LBS and other similar BSchools in Europe:

Studying 5 year Integrated MSc in Chemistry from IIT Kharagpur, one of the best engineering colleges in India.
Current GPA(at the end of 4 yrs): 8.44
GMAT Score: 750
Can speak and write four languages: English, Hindi, Urdu and French(still learning)
A foreign intern(summer project) in Canada. 2 interns in India.
Involved in extensive Extra academic activities:
Governor(head) of the Literary Society of my college.
In my capacity as literary head, i initiated and undertook many events of literary nature in our annual College Fest.
Central Team member of National Service Scheme of IIT Kharagpur. One of the 6 members working under the professor coordinator and handling a 1000+ strong student volunteers doing social work in and around our campus. Our team brought out an unprecedented 5 newsletters in an academic year.
Awarded a merit certificate as one of the best NSS volunteers in my second year.
Co-founded an organization called IITians For Youth(IFY). Managed workshops ranging from acquiring sponsorship to attaining media publicity in different cities of India like Patna, Jamshedpur, Hyderabad etc. and gave presentations in these workshops comprising of 500+ students each related to education and career options for students. Our workshops have been featured in more than 100 print and electronic media.
Our IFY team of 17 students of our college undertook a visit to the naxal(dubbed by the prime minister as the biggest internal security threat to India) affected regions of our state Bihar for 20 days in our summer vacation assessing the education scenario there and conducting small to medium level workshops in these villages motivating students and their teachers alike towards education. It was again extensively covered by the media and our efforts praised by one and all.
Captain of my School House in my senior year and vice captain at my junior year making me one of the 10 members of the student council of my school.
I like cartooning and graphic designand have designed many posters in my college for various purposes.
I am the member of the Quiz team of my hostel at college and have won a medal in our inter hostel championship.

Thanks! :)

Impressive. You have a competitive profile for the London Business School MiM program. If you would like help with your application, please check out or Masters in Management package. You might also be interested in the transcript from our 2012 London Business School MIM Q&A with Lisa Mortini

Best,
Linda

Linda Abraham
Accepted
310-815-9553

Co-Author of: MBA Admission for Smarties: The No-Nonsense Guide to Acceptance at Top Business Schools

Follow Accepted on Twitter
Friend Accepted on Facebook
Subscribe to Accepted's Blog

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: Profile evaluation for MiM LBS [#permalink] New post 14 Jul 2012, 02:56
Thank you! The transcript was most helpful. The package seems to be on the expensive side though. Do you have some cheaper alternatives as I believe my writing skill is sufficiently advanced and I will be mostly looking for some expert comments and a bit of editing here and there.
MBA Admissions Consulting
Followers: 36

Kudos [?]: 305 [0], given: 59

GMAT Tests User
Re: Profile evaluation for MiM LBS [#permalink] New post 14 Jul 2012, 23:17
Expert's post
amesolitaire wrote:
Thank you! The transcript was most helpful. The package seems to be on the expensive side though. Do you have some cheaper alternatives as I believe my writing skill is sufficiently advanced and I will be mostly looking for some expert comments and a bit of editing here and there.

Sure. We have MBA Essay Review and Editing. You can also obtain an (free) estimate before you buy simply by requesting one when your drafts are in a shape for feedback. At that point, we'll send you contact information for an editor and you will send that person your essays for an estimate.

Regards,
Linda

Linda Abraham
Accepted
310-815-9553

Co-Author of: MBA Admission for Smarties: The No-Nonsense Guide to Acceptance at Top Business Schools

Follow Accepted on Twitter
Friend Accepted on Facebook
Subscribe to Accepted's Blog

Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management, International Business
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V33
GPA: 3.7

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 1

Re: Profile evaluation for MiM LBS [#permalink] New post 04 Feb 2014, 09:31
Hi,

I have got a score of 680 in GMAT
Q-49, V-33, IR-6 Essay - waiting for results
10th -90.80
12-88.67
B.tech (Mech)
CGPA -7.52/10
Pretty good extra curricular in College
Work ex- 1.5 yrs in Automobile Industry (Indian MNC)

With this profile which colleges I can apply to for MIM..