Please evaluate my profile for NUS, NTU and HKUST. I am from India.
GMAT - 680(M-49,V-33)
College : B.Tech in ECE from NIT Kurukshetra, CGPA - 8.2
10th - 87%
12th - 85%
Got 800 AIR in AIEEE 2004(all india engineering entrance exam) which puts me in the top percentile achievers in that year
Work Exp - 4 years(IT industry) with a leading software company in finance domain.
Onsite Exp - 1.5 months(USA)
Got value in performance (VIP) award and shining star team award in organisation and many client appreciation emails.
Presently working as senior software engineer: my role includes training new resources on the product as well as software development.
During my tenure ,i have had some exciting opportunities:
1) Gave technical walk through for the POC of a business intelligence tool to the VP at client side which was very successful. I was the only one responsible for that project.
2) In 2010, I went to US for the kick-off of a new project. This was an unique opportunity. I along with my project lead had to prove our potential at the customer side and we were successful. After coming back from US, i mentored a team of around 10 people on the new project.
1) Decent social work
2) Captain of house in school. A number of prizes won in exhibition, essays, quizzes, sports etc.
3) A few prizes and participation certificates at college level.
4) Decent participation in organizational extra-curriculars like organizing independence day celebration, skits, Open house etc. I don't have certificates for these but i can get them mentioned in my recos.
I am targetting MBA in IT consulting right now.
Thanks and Regards
Your profile suits the requirements and class profile of NUS, NTU and HKUST but your goals dont match with what these schools can offer. These 3 schools and Singapore and HongKong are finance oriented and hence expecting jobs in IT consulting from these will be tough.
Actually very few schools have companies which come for proper IT consulting. Either be open to General Management or Strategy Consulting ( what McKinsey, BCG etc do) or target schools such as ISB and few mid rank schools known for technology in US - Carlson, Texas Mccombs, Kelley. Top school in US which are good for Technology roles - Sloan, Tepper and Haas will require a better GMAT score.
Hope this helps.
Apphelp : India's # 1 MBA admissions consultancy
Confused about MBA application strategy? Need help with Essay Review? Need mock interviews?
All these questions have a single answer : APPHELP
Phone: +91 9871354580