Joined: 06 Jan 2012
Location: United States
Concentration: Technology, Nonprofit
GMAT 1: 650 Q49 V30
, given: 0
Profile evaluation for NYU Stern Part-time Langone program [#permalink]
23 Dec 2013, 04:44
I have decided to apply to NYU Part-time program, but want to know how my chances.
1) Basic demographic info: 26, male, indian
2) Educational Background: BE in Computers(Mumbai University) - GPA 3.98, Published 2 research papers, Received Sir J.R.D. Tata scholarship
MS in CS from Columbia University - GPA 3.34, 1 research project, 1 patent application pending with US Government.
3) GMAT - 650(Q-49, V-30, AWA-5.0, IR-7.0)
4) Work experience: SDE-II(Promoted recently). Internet E-Commerce Industry. 2.5 years.
a) Associated with an NGO in the local area in India for last five years. Founder of a website for benefit of elderly people in Mumbai. Associated
with Local politician for social work.
b) Captain of Undegrad Cricket team for a year, vice-captain and part of college cricket team for 3 year,
c) Campus Ambassador for Teach For India at Columbia. Organized event seminar at Columbia University for National Recruitment Director of
Teach For India.
d) Math coach for Lets Get Ready. Managed and trained six students for SAT in New York University.
e) MERIT RANK holder in NIIT National IT Aptitude Test (NITAT) (1251 out of 73122 candidates) Jan. 2009
f) Won 3rd place in ALL-BOMBAY “C Programming” contest by IEEE society (Feb 2008).
g) Best Website award by the principal of the junior college.
h) Member of Excellentia Society in school for academics.
5) Short Term Goal: Advance career in Product Management role in Tech/Software firm.
6) Long Term Goal: To start an web-based enterprise in India in collaboration with government education program.
6) Target Schools: NYU Langone(Part-time).
I lead Web Analytics Implementation in my company and guide other teams in an advisory role. I am also slowly moving towards product management role in my company with VP of product management as my mentor.