Joined: 10 Mar 2012
, given: 8
Profile evaluation for R2 [#permalink]
21 Dec 2013, 10:40
My name is vasanth. I am an Indian male (26 years old).
1) Brief description of your full-time work experience. What do you do?
I have been working for Fidelity investments as a Software engineer since April 2010 (This is the only company i have worked for).
I am into Software development , Application design and support.
2) Your GMAT.
710 (Q 49, V 37) ---- 3rd attempt
3) College info: The name of the college, your GPA or grade average, your major, year of graduation. For any graduate degrees, please provide the same info. If you grades are low, please indicate if there were extenuating circumstances.
I completed my Bachelor of engineering in PES School of Engineering(Bangalore). My major is Instrumentation Engineering. I graduated in July 2009.
My score aggregate is 62% (Not sure how to convert this to 4 point scale). The score is low because i struggled with electronics.
4) Significant college and post-college extra-curricular activities or community service, especially leadership experience.
I was a part of the college's environment committee. We were involved in spreading awareness about nature and also planting tree saplings around the college.
I was a part of the committee that organized 2 cultural fests in the college.
A member of CARTMAN (Centre for Action, Research & Technology for Man, Animal & Nature). Its main objectives are to foster Man-Animal-Nature relationship, prevention of cruelty to animals, protection of environment from pollution, conservation of ecology, inculcation of spiritual values in our approach to animals and nature, promoting vegetarianism and animal welfare work. I participated in various initiatives of the organization, such as cleaning of a local pond, feeding injured stray dogs in our locality and organizing workshops on vegetarianism and healthy food habits.
A member of Fidelity cares poor student education program drive. The objective of the program is to provide underprivileged children with basic education. I have volunteered to teach the children on specific subjects such as English and Mathematics.
5) Important certifications like CFA, CPA, FSA, or CA
6) Your target programs. Please note that my experience is with the top MBA programs (FT, PT, EMBA, Sloan Fellows) around the world. If the programs you are targeting are not listed here, I may not respond due to lack of time.
All are FT MBA programs starting fall 2014.
I am targeting McCombs and Emory for round 2 and 3 respectively.
7) When you plan to apply? Please specify round and application cycle, for example R1 2013-14 or R3 2012-13.
McCombs -- round 2 (January 21st 2014)
Emory -- Round 3 (January 10th 2014)
8) Your post-MBA goal.
I want to get into Information management and strategic consulting.