27 year old south asian, Canadian PR
B.Com, McGill University, Info Sys Major, Marketing Concentration, GPA 3.33/4.0 (last two years 3.75)
Masters Certificate in Business Analysis, York University, Canada (Currently doing this part-time)
Member of the International Institute of Business Analysis (IIBA), Canada
No GMAT, got 530 in practice (I know its horrible...
Work experience: (Almost 5 years)
Business Systems Analyst, HEWITT ASSOCIATES, Toronto, Canada. April 2008 – Present.
• Lead the Business Analyst initiative for the Hewitt Toronto Technology Group with coordination with Hewitt Global Technology Solutions including research, transform and adapting industry best practices on technology, process and documentation related to business analysis.
• Work with client to discuss complex technical requirements, set client expectations, manage client involvement in analysis to gather & analyze business requirements and define system & functional requirements.
• Co-ordinate and lead requirements phases of projects in a project oriented environment following industry approved methodology and project plans, perform financial, risk and workflow analysis, update project plans accordingly and report status updates to senior project managers in a systematic manner.
• Define and develop test plans for implementation and development projects.
• Identify & analyze system gaps, design & program automation tools and prototypes for Hewitt Systems.
• Provide guidance and training to the development and business on the requirements process. Also manage junior analysts by coordinating requirement project tasks and gather periodic reports on project progress.
• Mentor systems analysts including coaching, leveraging team talent, providing performance feedback, and reinforcing behaviors that support Hewitt's mission, values, policies and guidelines in a virtual, global and on-site environment.
Business Applications Analyst, MERCER, Toronto, Canada. January 2005 – August 2006, August 2007 – March 2008. Benefits Business Analyst, MERCER, Montreal, Canada. September 2006 – July 2007.
• Gathered & analyzed client & user requirements and define business requirements in collaboration with the appropriate specialists at Mercer. Designed & programmed automation tools for implementation projects and wrote user guides for these tools.
• Configured and co-ordinated configuration of Mercer’s Pension and Benefits Systems according to requirements documents.
• Co-ordinated projects and led sub-projects in a project oriented environment following SDLC methodology and project plans, performed financial, risk and workflow analysis, updated project plans accordingly and report status updates to senior project managers in a systematic manner.
• Defined implementation test plans and approved testing using QA expertise.
• Provided guidance to implementation analysts on the implementation process. Mentored junior implementers with job specific training & guidance on implementation process; help them plan their career at Mercer as well as review their job performance.
Computer Analyst and Technician, McGill Medical Information Technology, Montreal, Canada. June 2001 – December 2002, September 2003 – December 2004.
• Attended to Help Desk requests and problems faced by clients – First and Second level support, and Troubleshoot over 1000 networked workstations.
• MedIT General Administration and maintenance of student labs.
• Setup, Manage & Backup servers and managed computers on Domains.
Business Analyst, Technology and Data Solutions, MERCER, Toronto, Canada. January 2003 – August 2003.
• Analyzed company requirements and built customized databases in SQL Server 2000.
• Built Windows and Web-based customized front ends for the users of the databases.
• Created Project proposals and User guides of the web-base front ends.
• Generated customized reports for Crystal Reports and Crystal Reports on the web.
• Coordinated and led on-going projects.
• VP-Finance - Bangladeshi Student Association, McGill University – Organized regular Cultural and Social Activities. Other tasks included Basic Accounting and Budgeting.
• Voluntary Lab Assistant, Task Force (SUS, McGill). Active member of McGill Business Watch, McGill University – Organized projects such as Recycling in the Faculty of Management.
• Junior Scout, St. Joseph High School, Bangladesh - Managed school Science Fairs and Debates, and helped flood victims etc.
I am thinking about going to Schulich or Queeen mainly. Ivey is also an option.
Thank you so much for your input.