Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 19:29 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 19:29

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V38
GPA: 3
WE:Research (Investment Banking)
Send PM
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 46 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
mbaMission Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 230 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Send PM
Re: Profile evaluation for top 10 MBA school [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Hi there,
PGPM is not really our specialty, so suggest you look around on other forums here for related posts.
Best of luck to you!
Kate

Amratesh2 wrote:
Hi Guys,

Need Inputs for evaluating chances in SPJIMR PGPM admission. Details as follows -

Indian
Male, 32
Graduation: NIT Jamshedpur (CGPA:8.87)
GMAT:640
Exp: 8+ years (Working with a leading Tata Organization -Manufacturing) as Section head

Any help would be highly appreciated
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Profile Evaluation
Nationality – Indian
Gender – Female
Age – 28 (current), would be 29 at the time of joining
GMAT – 730
Undergrad – Bcom (NM one of the top 5 colleges in India)
Chartered Accountant and candidate for CFA Level 2
Work Experience -

October 2018 - managing finance at well known a series B e-commerce start up.

April 2017 to September 2018
A) Currently working with the shared services of one of the top 5 VC firms (from number of investments being made), VC fund size approx. INR 600 crores (USD 90m). Fund 3 in process
- Tenure – Since April 2017
- Handling the entire deal execution process from deal negotiation, conducting due diligence, to closure of the deal, working with portfolio companies for implementation of internal processes, attending board meetings of portfolio companies on behalf of the fund, etc.
B) PwC:
- Tenure – Since Jan 2013- March 2017
- Handling tax structuring, advisory and compliances for globally mobile individuals.
- Streamlined the tax structuring for a technology conglomerate to enable yearly savings of approximately USD 1 million in taxes
- Independently handling execution of yearly compliances for clients with a team of 3 people
- Handling tax assessments and representations before government authorities for HNIs, and structuring of their taxes
- Awarded the PwC Experience Award for taking initiative and implementation of PAN India software to enable reduction in time, efficiency and standardization to the process.
C) Proprietary CA firm
- Tenure – Since 2008 – 2013 – internship; thereafter for 6mths as an employee
- Handling audit and tax assignments

D) Have also done audit assignments on freelance basis of large Indian Public sector banks

Extra-curriculum
- Painting and sketching (don’t have any formal contests, or anything), and Astrology (I am quite keen on learning it and taking some formal online lessons)

Post MBA goals
To work in a VC as an Investment Analyst; and thereafter in some years start my own business

Primary reason for an MBA
To gain international exposure and make a shift to the VC / PE space

Please do let me know of my chances at top 15 MBA schools...Anything I can do to improve my profile...I am working on community service part..

Thanks
Own Kudos [?]: 335 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi there pqrtus,
Thanks for posting. You have a lot of strong ingredients from what I can see thus far, and of course schools are interested in qualified female applicants, so with your PwC experience and exposure to the VC world plus CFA and respectable GMAT, you've shown that you are prepared for business school (I assume your grades are solid too). With starting a new role, be sure to think carefully about who will do your recommendations. Not sure what timeframe you are thinking of applying. Yes looks like the weakness thus far is potentially EC/community... do brainstorm anything you got involved in even in college as that is a small plus, and additional more recent community experience is also a plus. Yes I think you can apply to some top 15 schools; there are obviously a lot of considerations and differences among schools so you may wish to download our free guide to Selecting Schools at:
https://shop.mbamission.com/products/se ... ba-program

Keep us posted on further questions and good luck!

pqrtus wrote:
Profile Evaluation
Nationality – Indian
Gender – Female
Age – 28 (current), would be 29 at the time of joining
GMAT – 730
Undergrad – Bcom (NM one of the top 5 colleges in India)
Chartered Accountant and candidate for CFA Level 2
Work Experience -

October 2018 - managing finance at well known a series B e-commerce start up.

April 2017 to September 2018
A) Currently working with the shared services of one of the top 5 VC firms (from number of investments being made), VC fund size approx. INR 600 crores (USD 90m). Fund 3 in process
- Tenure – Since April 2017
- Handling the entire deal execution process from deal negotiation, conducting due diligence, to closure of the deal, working with portfolio companies for implementation of internal processes, attending board meetings of portfolio companies on behalf of the fund, etc.
B) PwC:
- Tenure – Since Jan 2013- March 2017
- Handling tax structuring, advisory and compliances for globally mobile individuals.
- Streamlined the tax structuring for a technology conglomerate to enable yearly savings of approximately USD 1 million in taxes
- Independently handling execution of yearly compliances for clients with a team of 3 people
- Handling tax assessments and representations before government authorities for HNIs, and structuring of their taxes
- Awarded the PwC Experience Award for taking initiative and implementation of PAN India software to enable reduction in time, efficiency and standardization to the process.
C) Proprietary CA firm
- Tenure – Since 2008 – 2013 – internship; thereafter for 6mths as an employee
- Handling audit and tax assignments

D) Have also done audit assignments on freelance basis of large Indian Public sector banks

Extra-curriculum
- Painting and sketching (don’t have any formal contests, or anything), and Astrology (I am quite keen on learning it and taking some formal online lessons)

Post MBA goals
To work in a VC as an Investment Analyst; and thereafter in some years start my own business

Primary reason for an MBA
To gain international exposure and make a shift to the VC / PE space

Please do let me know of my chances at top 15 MBA schools...Anything I can do to improve my profile...I am working on community service part..

Thanks
Moderator:
1452 posts