I have read almost every post that you have made on gmat club and realy appreciate the work you are doing . It would be great it you could comment on my profile.
Nationality - Indian , male , 24 years oldEducation
CFA-level 2 candidate
BE ( electronics ) -74% , unknown engineering college Work experience
- Working with Caritas India ( non profit ) as a project coordinator and have also been a consultant on five different income generation projects so far( total work ex so far 1.5 years) . My job is to do a thorough market analysis , and come up with strategies to create small scale units which employ people from the backward sections of the society. So, that these people can have a sustained source of income.
-Interesting aspect of this job is that I get to deal with politicians too . Entrepreneurship experience:
- I have always had a passion to teach . My family has been running a couple of private schools for the last 37 years in the city i live in . I started a private sponsorship program along with a few eminent names in the field of education in my city , where we fund the primary education for children who cannot afford to go to private schools . It is a whole business model( 75% of the earnings are used to sponsor these kids , and rest of it is used for day to day operations ). It would take me a whole page to explain how this thing works , but the bottomline is this model is first of it's kind and is doing quite well . We have been able to sponsor 12 children so far and have raised more than 25,000$ in 6 months time. ( indian equivalent is quite high , apparantly you only need 1500-2000$ to sponsor a child's education in india for good 10-12 years , you can PM me if you are interested in sponsoring smone
) Leadership/ community service / extracurrics
-won't bore you with a laundry list but i have been involved with quite a few things ( state level singer , sportsmen , and several other entrepreneurship experience ..etc !
My target schools are - UCLA, YALE ( don't know if it's a realistic target !) will be applying for 2013 intake
Post MBA:: HONESTLY i want to work as an advisor to the Government of India and head my own social ventures.
Why MBA ? -A good B-school's name gives you instant recognition amongst the masses and makes your job easier !
( and dismisses the perennial question - "what are you doing with your life?" So my questions to you are :
- You can pretty much see tht i am a jack of all traits sortff a guy i am all over the place !!
1) How do i categorize my work experience?
2) The path i am heading on is non traditional and I would like to know do people get into good MBA programs taking on such paths?
3) General feedbacks on my profile would be greatly appreciated too
looking forward to your reply