Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 12 Jul 2014, 23:13

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Profile Evaluation: GMAT 720

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Schools: Tepper '16
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 9

Profile Evaluation: GMAT 720 [#permalink] New post 07 Jun 2013, 01:51
Hi,

Kindly do my Profile evaluation.

GMAT: 720 [QA 50, VA: 35]
M 24, India

College: DAVV [Among the oldest universities in India]
GPA/Aggr: 76%
Year of Grad: 2010
Cousre: Bachelors of Engineering (Computer Science)

Work- Experience:

1. Currently having 3+ years of work-experience in an IT major in India.
2. For an year and half I have worked as Pre-sales anchor where the responsibilities included from RFP to complete development of the Project.
3. Then for next 1 and half year I have worked on Business Analytics tools.

Over the period I have lead 2 teams of 5-7 people and have got Client appreciations. I have interacted with teams from US and LATAM and have worked on the latest technologies.

Certifications:

1.I am a CFA L2 candidate [project was in the Finance vertical of the IT company].
2.Couple of internal Company Certifications [Technical].

Extra-Currics:

1. I have decent currics. Was organizer at many college events and also a State Level Player in Cricket.
2. few Awards received both at work and college. 2nd prize in Paper presentation at National level

Community work:

1. Active social worker. Have started my own organization and working on it on Weekends.

My Target Schools:

I am primarily looking at college with good Business Analytics Program, IT consulting or Marketing Analytics program. 'Big data' and 'Cloud computing' is the buzz word nowadays and an MBA will give me a great career progression in this field (have work-ex in same field). I have divide colleges into 2 categories: Ambitious and Competitive/Safe.

Ambitious

Tepper Business School
Kelley
Kenan-Flagler
Emory

Competitive/Safe

Smith
Smeal
Schullich
Rotman
Warwick
UC Davis

My queries:

1) Colleges you would suggest to remove/add in the list above, based on my career goals and good Scholarship chances.
2) Weakness/Strength in profile which I should hide/highlight during applications.
3) I would plan to apply to the colleges in the 1st round itself. How feasible/ advisable it is to do so?
4) Any other suggestion would be helpful.

Thanks and Regards :-D
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
Admissionado
Schools: Brown University, Harvard Business School
Followers: 42

Kudos [?]: 490 [1] , given: 29

GMAT Tests User
Re: Profile Evaluation: GMAT 720 [#permalink] New post 09 Jun 2013, 22:29
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
Hello there my friend,
You have a very nice GMAt and some pretty good stuff in your profile.

Let's jump straight into your questions

1) Colleges you would suggest to remove/add in the list above, based on my career goals and good Scholarship chances.

I think your list is pretty good, especially if scholarship is important. You might think to add Anderson and Georgia Tech to the list.
2) Weakness/Strength in profile which I should hide/highlight during applications.
Best strength: (that I can see, although a lot of info is missing for me) LEADERSHIP. Emphasize this often and strongly!
Weakness: Applicant pool: To overcome this, you need to aim for passion, originality and clarity of logic in your application.

3) I would plan to apply to the colleges in the 1st round itself. How feasible/ advisable it is to do so?
VERY!!! Apply to as many schools in round 1 as you can. This will leave you with 1. the best result sin terms of accepts and scholarships 2. the most options in case something doesn't go well at the beginning

4) Any other suggestion would be helpful.
Yes, given your Indian IT Male somewhat "Standard seeming" profile, you need to make sure that your profile does NOT come across as standard. Beyond the basic elements of the application (answering the questions to the point, presenting logical goals, promoting your candidacy) this is your number one mission!

Hope this helps, and if you have any follow up questions, do not hesitate.

Jon Frank
Founder, Admissionado

Admissionado.com

If you like the post, give it a KUDOS!