Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 15 Sep 2014, 21:38

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Profile Evaluation - GMAT 630

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 630 Q48 V28
GPA: 3.55
WE: Analyst (Computer Software)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Profile Evaluation - GMAT 630 [#permalink] New post 16 Jul 2014, 07:29
My profile -

Work Experience - 4.7 (Will complete 5 year in January 2015)
Education - Graduate in Computer Science
Job Profile - Bussiness Analyst with Accenture
GMAT Score - 630 (Q48, V28, IR5)
Looking for MBA from India or Singapore.

Need suggestion, should I re-appear for GMAT or this score is sufficient for getting admission this year. I have taken GMAT today and most of the Indian college has deadline of next month. Re-appearing means I will not be able to apply 2-3 collages(IIM Bangalore, IIM Calcutta and SP Jain) in India.

I am sure I can improve my score to 700+ but I do not want to lose a year. Please suggest.
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
mbaMission Admissions Consultant
Followers: 8

Kudos [?]: 111 [0], given: 0

Re: Profile Evaluation - GMAT 630 [#permalink] New post 16 Jul 2014, 10:30
Expert's post
Hi there--

The best way to know if your GMAT is competitive is to review the class profile on a given school's website. You can see the average GMAT score, and often a range of scores of those admitted. If you feel you are way off/low, then it's best to re-take if possible, and schools take the highest score. You can sometimes re-take quickly. You could also contact the school's admissions office and let them know a re-take is scheduled and see if there is any chance of adding that to your profile after you submit if it's very soon after; not standard practice in the top US schools but worth a shot and I'm less familiar with the Indian school's policies in that regard so always a good idea to ask if needed! ;)

good luck!

Jen Kedrowski
mbaMission

Blog: http://www.mbamission.com/blog
mbaMission Insiders Guides: http://www.mbamission.com/guides.php?category=insiders
Free Consultation: http://www.mbamission.com/consult.php