Thank you for using the timer!
We noticed you are actually not timing your practice. Click the START button first next time you use the timer.
There are many benefits to timing your practice, including:
This is my first post on gmatclub so please forgive me if I posted in the wrong section or did something else wrong. This forum has been the best source of information for me when studying for the GMAT so i'm hoping I can get equally valuable advice regarding the admission process. I'm a third year law student graduating in May 2014. My goal is to get into a top one year MBA program preferably Oxford or Cambridge.
My Dilemma: Since I work full time while in law school, I used my summer break to study for the GMAT. I took the test two days ago and scored a 680 (53 percentile in quant and 93 in verbal). I almost canceled my score since I could tell I did poorly in quant. I'm not sure what happened during the test but I can definitely score higher than 53 percentile. The problem is I was told I can't retake the test for another 31 days and since law school has started for a month now, I can't study for the GMAT the same way (keep in mind I also work full time). With that said I have a few questions the answers to which would really help me in making the right decision...
1) What are my chances of getting into Oxford or Cambridge with a score of 680 (53 percentile in quant and 93 in verbal)? I will have a JD by May 2014. I have 8 years of retail banking experience and have worked my way up from a teller. I'm 26 and am currently employed by Bank of America as a Small Business Banker. I've been a Business Banker at Chase and Wells Fargo Bank prior to that. My family immigrated to US from Armenia when I was 11. I did not speak a single word of English when I moved here and have lived in pretty bad conditions throughout my childhood.
2) If I apply to schools with my current score and retake the test while my application is pending, will those schools receive my updated higher/lower score? And will they consider it over my first score?
3) If a school I apply to now denies me admission, will I be able to reapply in a month with an updated score?
Thank you all in advance for taking the time to answer and again I apologize if I did something wrong when posting this.
Final decisions are in: Berkeley: Denied with interview Tepper: Waitlisted with interview Rotman: Admitted with scholarship (withdrawn) Random French School: Admitted to MSc in Management with scholarship (...