Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 15 Sep 2014, 20:57

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Profile Evaluation: GMAT 680/ GPA 3.2/ JD Degree

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 17

Profile Evaluation: GMAT 680/ GPA 3.2/ JD Degree [#permalink] New post 30 Sep 2013, 11:20
Hi Guys,

This is my first post on gmatclub so please forgive me if I posted in the wrong section or did something else wrong. This forum has been the best source of information for me when studying for the GMAT so i'm hoping I can get equally valuable advice regarding the admission process. I'm a third year law student graduating in May 2014. My goal is to get into a top one year MBA program preferably Oxford or Cambridge.

My Dilemma:
Since I work full time while in law school, I used my summer break to study for the GMAT. I took the test two days ago and scored a 680 (53 percentile in quant and 93 in verbal). I almost canceled my score since I could tell I did poorly in quant. I'm not sure what happened during the test but I can definitely score higher than 53 percentile. The problem is I was told I can't retake the test for another 31 days and since law school has started for a month now, I can't study for the GMAT the same way (keep in mind I also work full time). With that said I have a few questions the answers to which would really help me in making the right decision...

1) What are my chances of getting into Oxford or Cambridge with a score of 680 (53 percentile in quant and 93 in verbal)? I will have a JD by May 2014. I have 8 years of retail banking experience and have worked my way up from a teller. I'm 26 and am currently employed by Bank of America as a Small Business Banker. I've been a Business Banker at Chase and Wells Fargo Bank prior to that. My family immigrated to US from Armenia when I was 11. I did not speak a single word of English when I moved here and have lived in pretty bad conditions throughout my childhood.

2) If I apply to schools with my current score and retake the test while my application is pending, will those schools receive my updated higher/lower score? And will they consider it over my first score?

3) If a school I apply to now denies me admission, will I be able to reapply in a month with an updated score?

Thank you all in advance for taking the time to answer and again I apologize if I did something wrong when posting this.
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Profile Evaluation: GMAT 680/ GPA 3.2/ JD Degree   [#permalink] 30 Sep 2013, 11:20