Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 20 Oct 2014, 17:09

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Profile evaluation;GMAT 710;Work exp 2.7 yrs

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Profile evaluation;GMAT 710;Work exp 2.7 yrs [#permalink] New post 06 Dec 2011, 23:52
Hi,

The following is my profile:
1. Work exp : 2.7 years with Infosys(IT company),India.
2. Area of work : Business intelligence and data analysis. Work is to analyze client requirements, design and develop solutions and provide support to clients in case of issues.
3. GMAT score : 710.
4. GPA : 8.77 out of 10. Consistently good in academics.
4. Co-curriculars : organizing work related and fun events at unit level,member of some sports clubs, recognition for painting etc.
5. Nationality : Indian.
6. Gender : Female.

I would like to pursue strategy management or information management.

Can you please suggest me some good schools outside UK and USA that I should apply to? I want to get in by 2012 and hence want to apply to at least 4-5 good schools :)

Thanks in advance,
Kasturi
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
Stacy Blackman Representative
Followers: 27

Kudos [?]: 73 [0], given: 0

Re: Profile evaluation;GMAT 710;Work exp 2.7 yrs [#permalink] New post 07 Dec 2011, 13:28
Expert's post
Hi kasturi11,

You have strong numbers. One note to consider is that business schools are looking to cultivate future leaders, so it is important that you discuss any leadership experience you have. I recommend you read this case study of an Indian applicant who was accepted into Columbia, Tuck, and MIT:

http://www.stacyblackman.com/comprehens ... ies/case2/

Regarding which schools to apply to, where would you like to live post-graduation? The opportunities available post-graduation will be very different depending on whether you attend schools in Europe or in the US.

Best,

Conrad and the Stacy Blackman Team

Interested in a free 30 minute consultation with the Stacy Blackman Team? Sign up here: http://stacyblackman.com/contact

Stacy Blackman | Stacy Blackman Consulting Inc | http://www.StacyBlackman.com | +1 323.934.3936
MBA blogger, US News and Author, The MBA Application Roadmap

Intern
Intern

Re: Profile evaluation;GMAT 710;Work exp 2.7 yrs [#permalink] New post 07 Dec 2011, 20:28
Hi Stacy,

Regarding leadership:
-- I have conducted an Infosys level event twice. The main aim of this program is to spread awareness among engineering students about the recent IT trends and work culture.
--I also organize all the CSR events of my unit.
--In work, although I am a developer, I take up additional responsibilities of higher job roles.
--I organize all Knowledge Management sessions of my unit.
--A member of Thought Leadership, a creative initiative in my org, in which we explore new technologies and provide innovative solutions to the client.

And I am aiming for European schools mainly because I think their fees and living expenses will be lesser in comparison to those in the US. I want a great school at minimum fees or a great school with scholarship. Tough call I know :)

I am okay with living anywhere after graduation.

Thanks for the interest you have shown. Would be glad if you can help me decide on some schools that will meet my criteria.

Regards,
Kasturi
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 41 [1] , given: 16

Re: Profile evaluation;GMAT 710;Work exp 2.7 yrs [#permalink] New post 07 Dec 2011, 20:44
This post received
KUDOS
Kasturi, In my knowledge, the EU schools are more inclined towards assembling a class with higher average years of experience. The better ones like INSEAD and IMD have 7 to 9 years of average work ex. You may want to look at the school sites for finding a better fit. Now all this changes in case you have some extraordinary personal story up your sleeve which demonstrates that eventhough you are at the bottom of the middle 80% class in terms of the work ex, you have exceptional leadership qualities and that you bring with you some unique learning experience which will benifit the rest of your classmates. That said, I think you have a great GMAT score which should not prevent you from applying to these programs.

Time to play the game...

Intern
Intern

Re: Profile evaluation;GMAT 710;Work exp 2.7 yrs [#permalink] New post 08 Dec 2011, 01:45
Hi,

So according to you, which schools(US or Non-US) would want to accept me? Also, it would be of great help if you could guide me through the scholarship process of these schools too.

Waiting for your reply.

Regards,
Kasturi
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 41 [0], given: 16

Re: Profile evaluation;GMAT 710;Work exp 2.7 yrs [#permalink] New post 09 Dec 2011, 07:42
Kasturui,
You can check out this thread for rankings, tuitions, Average GMAT and Avg Work Exp:

2011-mba-rankings-99812.html?fl=menu

This will answer a lot of your questions. Rest is all your research.

Time to play the game...